High Tide Aquatics

Is single 2000gph powerhead angle slightly to the surface sufficient to keep a 65g tank alive?

newfly

Supporting Member
Power is out. Not sure for how long

No heat. I don’t know how low the temperature will go down to. I guess I can boil some water and use it as top off?

Any suggestions in case the power is out the whole night? The pump will run for 2 days.

dunno how big your aquarium is. If you can. Wrap your aquarium in a blanket. Heat water in water bottles to float for heat. Repeat if necessary. Pour water in and out of your aquarium every 15-30 minutes to circulate water. You can check pge website for power time updates. I have some portable equipment if you need.
Oh I didn’t read your header. lol. Yeah do the bottle water thing. It works well to keep temps up.

dunno how big your aquarium is. If you can. Wrap your aquarium in a blanket. Heat water in water bottles to float for heat. Repeat if necessary. Pour water in and out of your aquarium every 15-30 minutes to circulate water. You can check pge website for power time updates. I have some portable equipment if you need.
Thanks. Good idea on the water bottle. Will keep an eye on the temp. My tank is 65g, 4ft long. I think 2000gph at the surface should be ok but not sure

You can get water pitchers and splash around a bunch to help it out too. I kept our 90g alive for 14h last year doing this.

Back