High Tide Aquatics

Is this a good deal?

nash

Superman, rainbow, Idaho Grape, M. confusa and sunset monti. all about 1/2in for $340 shipped
Is this a good price?

Are those from Copps' frag packs? He was selling those plus freebies for $265 shipped.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1055195

You are thinking of buying? Or selling?

For that kind of money, you could buy from reefready.net, and get bigger frags, and probably some extras.

If you're looking for those, you could save a bunch of money by taking your time and doing a few trades. All that stuff is readily available in the Bay Area.

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=1768.msg16502#msg16502 date=1172557920]
Are those from Copps' frag packs? He was selling those plus freebies for $265 shipped.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1055195

You are thinking of buying? Or selling?

For that kind of money, you could buy from reefready.net, and get bigger frags, and probably some extras.

If you're looking for those, you could save a bunch of money by taking your time and doing a few trades. All that stuff is readily available in the Bay Area.
[/quote]
Thinking of buying and yes from Copp's frags. Checked out reefready site and seem like most frag are $80+.Seem like the same few members posting each other on the site.Maybe it's just me but I don't feel too welcome :( I meet a few people at the frag swap that mention the same thing.

Nash, feel free to post. Or else it will be just the same people that post all the time :D

A lot of the people posting are the ones that are helping to run the club, and helping to answer questions on the forums. We do have a lot of lurkers, and that's cool too. Actually, it's pretty common on forums that you get only 1 in 10 people posting. Even at regular meetings, we have only about 20-30 people attending, but at the swap, we have 200-300.

Anyway, just trying to answer your questions and look out for you. Like I said, Copps' deal was for $265... meaning don't pay $340. And if you're going to pay that much, check out Matt's stuff. His frags are bigger, he's a sponsor, and he's a nice guy.

Here... I found an "Introduce Yourself" thread:

http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=431.0

Tell us about yourself and your tanks!

ttyl!

I think the price increase is because he's also got a sunset monti frag in there, which wasn't in copps' original pack. I would love to get a frag of the sunset, that monti is so cool. :)

The reverse sunset is (imho) far cooler. I believe Aaron from Wesley reefs still has this morph. It's the exact reverse coloration (polyp vs. base color) of the original sunset. I'd also agree that, given the quality and quantity of our local farming comunity, it's unnecessary to look beyond the local area for anything. You may also want to look at Yourreef.com.

[quote author=Natterjak link=topic=1768.msg16513#msg16513 date=1172602403]
I think the price increase is because he's also got a sunset monti frag in there, which wasn't in copps' original pack.[/quote]

Ah, I see. I overlooked that one.

Well, get the stuff locally and avoid the shipping stress. And Matt does make good sized frags for the prices charged. So you'd get more for the same dollar.

Back