Our mission

Light change from AI Hydra 52HD to EcoTech Radion X15 PRO? Or Other?

After talking with Daniel from Reefi, it sounds like I should just get one Uno for now, and if I ever get a bigger tank another Uno would make more sense than a Duo (like you mentioned @newfly).

Thanks all for the help! I'm excited for the new light.

After talking with Daniel from Reefi, it sounds like I should just get one Uno for now, and if I ever get a bigger tank another Uno would make more sense than a Duo (like you mentioned @newfly).

I think you'll like the Uno. For noobs like me, it have more than enough light output than i need for now. Web interface is straight forward. My only problem is i don't know much on light spectrum itself for tuning . Not the light fault. :) Once you get the light, let me know your setting and i'm happy to copy it.

I waited for ~4months for the light since i got it at a pre-release price.

But I thought you were planing a tank upgrade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

But I thought you were planing a tank upgrade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Possibly, but I keep going back and forth on it. There's also a struggle of possibly moving or remodeling the house that's been ongoing for years, which is why I haven't done much with the tank. With that in mind, it seems silly to upgrade a tank now, when I may be moving and have a whole other tank setup (I'm hoping one day to get a 4 or 5 foot peninsula).

I got the light within a couple of days of ordering. Hooked it up to my Hydra hanging kit no problem (though I should probably readjust the ceiling mount points a bit) and turned it on. I'm just using their suggested light settings and it looks OK so far. It's still fairly blue, so I might go tweak it a bit.

The interface isn't as "slick" as the AquaIllumination, and there's some lag in adjusting the colors, so I guess I'll slowly figure it out.

Back