Cali Kid Corals

Lighting

I run the same lights. Early on in a tank, you can exacerbate the algae problem with too strong a light and on for too many hours. Once you get past the algae issues, and you get the mounting height correct (8" to 14" above the water surface I think) you can't really go wrong with intensity. Then color spectrum is mostly up to what do you like to look at. I only ever cranked mine up to 80% intensity on my main tank and run 50% max on my smaller one. I have 3 settings I switch between depending on what I want to look at; daylight, deep blue, and the one in between that I like.

If you're having algea issues, then I've heard that your should turn the red and green to 0. That's what I did.

yeah I'm largely thinking about ditching red and green LEDs, while there's no spikes for them it seems that there probably is enough in the "white" LEDs that it should be able to make those colors show up.

I run the same lights. Early on in a tank, you can exacerbate the algae problem with too strong a light and on for too many hours. Once you get past the algae issues, and you get the mounting height correct (8" to 14" above the water surface I think) you can't really go wrong with intensity. Then color spectrum is mostly up to what do you like to look at. I only ever cranked mine up to 80% intensity on my main tank and run 50% max on my smaller one. I have 3 settings I switch between depending on what I want to look at; daylight, deep blue, and the one in between that I
If you're having algea issues, then I've heard that your should turn the red and green to 0. That's what I did.
I will give that a try

Back