Reef nutrition

Looking for someone to take care of my tank

Hi all,

I am heading off to college this fall, but would like to keep my tank in tact. I am looking for someone who would be willing to perform maintenance and take care of it. You will obviously be paid for this. It is a 100 gallon reef tank with an AP700 and 2 A160s. I have a tank thread with all the equipment but it has not been updated recently. All the equipment should be the same, but some of the livestock is different. I also have a 20 gallon quarantine tank you could utilize. I am looking for someone who wants to take care of the tank, but also hopefully improve the tank. It is a good position, but could differently be better and I would love it if someone is capable of that!

I am located in the Los Altos area.

Please message me to discuss!

Thank you so much,
Gabe

I’m assuming the tank is in your parent’s house? It may be best to just show your parents how to do things. You’ve got a couple months before you leave (again, another assumption). They’d be looking at it every day to know if something is going wrong. When would you be back from school?

I’m assuming the tank is in your parent’s house? It may be best to just show your parents how to do things. You’ve got a couple months before you leave (again, another assumption). They’d be looking at it every day to know if something is going wrong. When would you be back from school?

Correct. They can do daily stuff such as feeding and filling my ATO tank, but I want someone who can do water changes and such and maybe even add stocking to the tank. Parents could probably also test if needed, but preferably could get someone to do that as well. Also they should be able to recognize if something is wrong, but not sure they would be able to fix it. They have zero knowledge of the hobby to be honest. And yes I won't be leaving until early September, just trying to start planning now.

Im in the same boat as you. Luckily though I started this hobby really young so my dad had to pick up a few things to help me out. My plan is to only keep low maintenance corals (which is why im only doing zoas) and I sold everything else. Also downgraded from a 180 to a 60 frag tank and sold all my fish. Of course, this works for me as im not going to college very far from home and can just come home every once in a while to water change, check up, etc

Are you going to college out of the bay?

Im in the same boat as you. Luckily though I started this hobby really young so my dad had to pick up a few things to help me out. My plan is to only keep low maintenance corals (which is why im only doing zoas) and I sold everything else. Also downgraded from a 180 to a 60 frag tank and sold all my fish. Of course, this works for me as im not going to college very far from home and can just come home every once in a while to water change, check up, etc

Are you going to college out of the bay?

Yeah unfortunately I am leaving the bay. If I was staying I could probably make it work where I came and did major maintenance but I don't think that is possible. Luck you your parents got in to it, I wasn't quite as fortunate haha.

Back