got ethical husbandry?

Lowe's 5 gallon blue buckets reef safe?

IOnceWasLegend

Frag Swap Coordinator
BOD
Are Lowe's 5 gallon blue buckets reef safe? I'd really prefer to not shop at Home Depot, but still need a couple more buckets, and want to make sure I'm not going to nuke a tank by doing salt mixing/storage in these.

Thanks!

Are Lowe's 5 gallon blue buckets reef safe? I'd really prefer to not shop at Home Depot, but still need a couple more buckets, and want to make sure I'm not going to nuke a tank by doing salt mixing/storage in these.

Thanks!

Yes they are the same material.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I frequently have these buckets and usually just put them on the curb to give away, if you want any and are not in a huge hurry I’ll have more soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow, I bet a lot of folks in the club would want your old buckets (assuming they are still reef-safe after whatever they are being used for). I already have a bunch and I’m always happy to get another.

Yeah one member got a few from me, I was debating making a post, But if there is some interest I’ll start stockpiling and make a thread

They had stuff in them before but I clean them out before hand. You can always clean them again after, i use them all the time and never had a problem

Back