Our mission

MASTER SCOLY FRAG? Pull the Trigger?

salty_taste

Social
BOD
Soo, I’ve came across this seller who has offered to sell me a master scoly frag for (Liver + Kidney). I might be in over my head but the frag is amazing in coloration at least to me..

Please let me know your thoughts on price point. If it’s too much, for those with master scoly, please share pics and price you paid personally

Treating myself to a birthday gift :) 24 Years young! Let’s go!!!!

Attachments

• DC8C6C90-F4CE-47C6-A1E3-39EB3919E9A6.jpeg
    DC8C6C90-F4CE-47C6-A1E3-39EB3919E9A6.jpeg
    84.6 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
what you are asking will be a limited amount of people. not too many members here will spend $xxx on a "coral" that isnt a torch with gold in it.

just curious as a size of reference, is that fragged scoly on a regular size frag plug?

i've paid more than $300 for <1/2" sps many times. it really depends how much you want it. i am a bad influence, but if you are already eyeing it and your wallet can justify the cost, just do it. no regrets and yolo.

Last edited:
what you are asking will be a limited amount of people. not too many members here will spend $xxx on a "coral" that isnt a torch with gold in it.

just curious as a size of reference, is that fragged scoly on a regular size frag plug?

i've paid more than $300 for <1/2" sps many times. it really depends how much you want it. i am a bad influence, but if you are already eyeing it and your wallet can justify the cost, just do it. no regrets and yolo.
The frag seems to literally be the size of my pinky nail but I am asking seller for reference! yes, you are right, it’s all in the eye of the beholder. I guess I can just spend now and look later

I’m not sure if I’d be open to paying full price for a full scoly of this coloration so this might have to do!

Where I am the other side, and would say treat your tank to an equipment or stability upgrade like a dosing pump or controller for temp/fan solution.
Facts! My setup for the tank is super basic and the coral selection care is much easier than sps so all I really dose other than phyto is kalk mixed in with my ATO! Probably a ghetto setup but currently working wonders for me!

Will do some more research for what to get! Maybe a small desktop skimmer?

Scoly’s are relatively difficult to keep alive and thriving for more than a year or so in most reef tanks. They don’t naturally grow like most coral including expensive SPS, and are not easily fraggable like most coral. That frag appears well healed from the 1 pic but is still a deformed wedge of a scoly that will probably never be the normal round shape, the relevance of that is up to you but isn’t nothing.

I don’t know if you already have this experience, but you should definitely have already kept a couple more common and less expensive scoly’s for more than a year before buying something like this in my opinion.

This is the original for reference! Frag I posted was circled…

Attachments

• 25942B14-E170-40F9-AACF-AB2B5B0222BD.jpeg
    25942B14-E170-40F9-AACF-AB2B5B0222BD.jpeg
    50.3 KB · Views: 111
  • 39AFE284-91DA-4B1B-B452-16EF98C2D4CE.jpeg
    39AFE284-91DA-4B1B-B452-16EF98C2D4CE.jpeg
    65.3 KB · Views: 120
Back