Neptune Aquatics

My 150 gallon build journey

Love the work done on the panel. But I would caution putting liquids above your energy bar.
Thanks for pointing that out...I didn't even think about that...ugh. The shelf that holds the container in place is glued into a routed slot in the panel so I won't be able to remove it. I'll dwell on it a bit and figure something out.

Is that the same spot you had the nano?
Good to see people returning to the hobby
No...actually haven't had my nano for over 19 years. This 150 is my 7th setup since I started in the hobby many moons ago. The last tank that sat in this room was my 55 gallon rimless.

No...actually haven't had my nano for over 19 years. This 150 is my 7th setup since I started in the hobby many moons ago. The last tank that sat in this room was my 55 gallon rimless.
You're in San Bruno, right?
Because I see the room and looks familiar.

Yes...I’m in the neighborhood where the pge incident occurred. That’s how I lost my last setup. I’m not complaining though...my neighbor’s down the street lost their lives . Your SN does look familiar.

Love the attention to details that you put into this setup. Can't wait to see how you fill it it in.
Thanks Eric. I won't be putting corals in for a awhile since I don't plan on running the lights until I start seeing some good coraline growth, but when I do it will be a SPS dominant system. The tank is cycled now...did it twice with Dr. Tim's ammonia chloride. I just did a 50% water change last night so I'm ready to put in a few fish and a clean up crew soon. I've been gawking at an empty tank every evening with my only my moonlights on...be a nice change to see something moving around in there.

Thanks Eric. I won't be putting corals in for a awhile since I don't plan on running the lights until I start seeing some good coraline growth, but when I do it will be a SPS dominant system. The tank is cycled now...did it twice with Dr. Tim's ammonia chloride. I just did a 50% water change last night so I'm ready to put in a few fish and a clean up crew soon. I've been gawking at an empty tank every evening with my only my moonlights on...be a nice change to see something moving around in there.
Suggest keeping light level a bit lower.
Coraline does not seem to like the intensity of LED, but algae does.

Back