Jestersix

My new build. Errr I mean rebuild?

1c7b63177ceccf72a9ff31dcbb0b9998.jpg

I really should be spending my time finishing stuff around the house! And errr my 650.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are rebuilding the engine?
Yup, right before the lock down, I sent it off to a shop to be cleaned, rehone for new rings and bearings. I picked it up the day after the announced the closure! Seriously, got lucky that they were finished with it. The body just got a fresh coat of paint on it too!

Nice!
Where’s the place you sent it to?
In my not so near future I want to overhaul a 331ci; not sure if the engine needs to be rebuilt; has about 65k miles but 66 years in age.

Nice!
Where’s the place you sent it to?
In my not so near future I want to overhaul a 331ci; not sure if the engine needs to be rebuilt; has about 65k miles but 66 years in age.

I took it to Hubbard AI machine shop. I have also taken another engine to Center Machining in Oakland. Hubbard does not disassemble or assemble but they turn it around faster that way. Center will do the whole rebuild for you but I am a little particular about this rebuild. There was another racing shop in fremont that I went to a few times for machining but they have since shut down.

If it's firing on all cylinders and it's not knocking or burning oil, you probably won't need to rebuild. If it's doing something, pressure test it. 65k miles is super low. Mines was well over 150k and it was in very good condition (didn't need rebuilding). I decided to do it as I was breaking down the engine to redo some major seals as there was leaks and it helped that I had the engine out of the car. It added at least a week worth of work!

Back