Reef nutrition

My WaterBox 65.4 Peninsula AIO

guihan

Supporting Member
After being out of the hobby for almost 10 years I felt it was time to get back in. I’ve been keeping aquariums since 1996, starting with a 55 gallon fresh water tank. Since then I’ve setup several aquariums ranging from fresh water, leopard shark tank, nurse shark tank to a beautiful 240 gallon mixed reef with two giant Gigas clams over 14” in length.

This time around I have limited space, so I decided to put a peninsula style aquarium on the bar/counter separating my kitchen from the family room. There’s no room for a sump so this past October I bought a WaterBox 65.4 Peninsula AIO and built a 7” pedestal to raise it slightly above my eye level making it easy to look from one room to the other.

The limited space on the bar/counter and surrounding areas meant that several things had to be custom made and moved around to accommodate the tank and all its peripherals. I even had to make my own ATO in order for it to fit between the tank and the wall.

The island in the kitchen near the aquarium had all my appliances to make coffee. However, my wife didn’t want these items near the aquarium, so i had to figure out a new home for everything. I ended up building an Espresso Bar near the fridge that houses my aquarium supplies and a 20 gallon water container for water changes. I’m happy with the results so far and I love my new tank.

It’s so nice to be back in the hobby and to be a part of BAR again.

Thank you to everyone for their support and advice.
KIMG2335.jpg
KIMG2340.jpg
IMG_0289.jpg
IMG_0299.jpg

I replaced the counter supports to make sure it could hold the weight of the tank. The new aluminum supports are
IMG_0201.jpg
IMG_0207.jpg
rated at 550 lbs each.

Very nice. What bolts did u use to mount and slide the kessils into the t slot rail? I'm thinking of doing similar for an array of 360x's

Back