Neptune Aquatics

New Bay Area Reefer!

Hi Everyone!

I've been trying to find a Bay Area reefing community and it looks like I'm in the right place so I figured I'd introduce myself :).

I'm not new to aquariums, but definitely new to reefing. I've had planted freshwater tanks my whole life and was always interested in getting started in reefing, but never pulled the trigger until recently. I did all the research I could, watched the BRS 52 weeks of reefing and got myself started with a Nuvo 10, AI Prime, RODI Buddy, and an ATO. I know bigger is better when it comes to stability, but I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on a large set-up while I'm still renting. It's stressful enough moving nano freshwater tanks...I'm just not ready to try moving a 100+ gallon set-up yet.

That being said...here are my current freshwater tanks and my 2 month old nano reef. It's got a clown pair, a few snails, a blue legged hermit, some zoas, a favia, a duncan, and frogspawn that I picked up from Aquatic Collection in Hayward. All my parameters have been stable for the most part, which I attribute mostly to my ATO, but I'm starting to enter the diatom phase. I'm assuming it'll go away after a month or so as long as I stay on top of my water changes. Either way I'm happy to see the tank progressing.

I'm super excited to be here entering the world of reefing and will probably start a tank journal soon!

My freshwater tanks (5 Gallon + 16 Gallon):
5G.jpg

10G.jpg

2 Month Old NUVO 10: From humble beginnings...
reef1.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:
Welcome. You have definitely found the right place. I encourage you to make a tank journal, and just so you know there are extra areas like buy sell trade that are only accessible for supporting members.

Welcome. You have definitely found the right place. I encourage you to make a tank journal, and just so you know there are extra areas like buy sell trade that are only accessible for supporting members.

Thanks! I noticed that there were extra features that came with being a supporting member. I'm planning on joining once I get a little more established on the forum. Your 300 is insane by the way

Back