Kessil

New Guy To BAR

My name I Gil and I'm new to Bay Area Reefers Club. I've had a 75g reef tank for the past year and I am loving this hobby and I have enjoyed my experience so far. I try to keep my self educated by reading forums and articles that are relevant, but I find the more I read the more there is to learn.

I'm a member of a couple of forums, but honestly I was getting a bit frustrated. Many of my questions would fall on deaf ears. I spoke to my LFS "Aqua Exotics" in Belmont and was turned onto BAR. I thought I'd give it a shot and see how it goes.

I also have a YouTube channel showing my progress from one year ago to the present. I love doing the videos because I get so much great advice and it forces me to do the research before putting it out there. I welcome anyone to take a look and provide me with any feedback. http://www.youtube.com/user/ReeferGil

75g tank
25g sump
Five Stage BRS RODI
AquaVitro Salt mix
(2) AI Color Vegas LED lights
Mag-7 Return Pump
Herbie Method Drain
(2) Filter Socks
Refugium with Chaeto
Miracle Mud
GFO Reactor
(2) BRS Dosing Pumps
Apex Standard
(1) MP40
(1) Vortech Battery Backup
(1) 1400 Koralia (Soon to be a MP10)
(2) Nano Pumps For Flow Behind Rocks
Reef Octopus 110 Skimmer
Tsunami ATO
SPS dominated
Pink Gonipora
Yellow Toad Stool
Zoanthid Garden (Various)
Rose Bubble Tip Anemone
Various Fish and Cleaners

Welcome to BAR Gil, don't forget to become a supporting member for all the great benefits that come with that.

You have a beautiful tank and I like your videos a lot and the way you seem to be very methodical in your approach, keep up the good work :)

hey gil, welcome!

btw i was watching your video, are your magnets you're using covered with anything? they can rust if not properly sealed.

there was a thread a while ago.

hey gil, welcome!

btw i was watching your video, are your magnets you're using covered with anything? they can rust if not properly sealed.

there was a thread a while ago.

Hey thanks for taking the time to watch! I'm not sure which magnets you saw, LOL. Do you remember the video name so I can take a gander?

Welcome to BAR, Gil! Glad to hear that one of our sponsors pointed you in our direction. We hope you enjoy your time spent on our forum and at our club events. :)

Back