Our mission

No job and now no umemployment..

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/07/01/BAUQ18H9EH.DTL

My in-wall is gonna be just a hole in the wall :cry: ...

Yeah it's sad how California's budget works and all that crap. Even sadder is that we yanked one governor out of office (Gray Davis) due to "lack of leadership, having a failing economy, etc etc" then go ahead and elect someone who by no right should be in office, and now we're in this stinkhole and no one is even raising a peep about recalling the Governator!

Personally I think we need to wipe the slate clean, remove every politician, every proposition that is now law, and go over them one at a time.

But I feel ya Phong, I have no idea if I'm even going to have a job come August. At least I haven't collected unemployment yet, so I can just wait until it opens up and has money again then I can start collecting :D

man.......hope it gets better for you...........just think I am trying to move back to that mess from vegas...........we dont have budget problems but we sure dont have any jobs

one thing that I do not understand is that why people still come to California. California is not a same Calif 5 or 10 years ago. IMO, they will have to cut, cut deeper in spending ... and people will start leaving.

If I had kids in this state I would leave in a heartbeat, the education system here is the worst. I went from working above my grade level across the board in California to almost being held back when my parents moved me to the East Coast, this was in the 80's I cannot fathom what it is like now. Here it's about open campus, and kids goofing off, ski week, teacher work days, immersion, star testing, athletics. Back east it was go to school, doors locked and you don't leave till the end of the day, you screw around you get punished and I don't mean suspension, I mean more grunt work. My g/f is a high school math tutor and some of the crap they send home and call homework is just insane.

fishme said:
one thing that I do not understand is that why people still come to California. California is not a same Calif 5 or 10 years ago. IMO, they will have to cut, cut deeper in spending ... and people will start leaving.

I thought Cali was now officially loosing more then it gains?

sfsuphysics said:
Yeah it's sad how California's budget works and all that crap. Even sadder is that we yanked one governor out of office (Gray Davis) due to "lack of leadership, having a failing economy, etc etc" then go ahead and elect someone who by no right should be in office, and now we're in this stinkhole and no one is even raising a peep about recalling the Governator!

Personally I think we need to wipe the slate clean, remove every politician, every proposition that is now law, and go over them one at a time.

But I feel ya Phong, I have no idea if I'm even going to have a job come August. At least I haven't collected unemployment yet, so I can just wait until it opens up and has money again then I can start collecting :D

Sadly our problems started prior to Gray Davis BUT I absolutely agree with you about the Governator.

Elite said:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/07/01/BAUQ18H9EH.DTL

My in-wall is gonna be just a hole in the wall :cry: ...

I hope things start to look up for you soon :)

GreshamH said:
sfsuphysics said:

Sadly our problems started prior to Gray Davis BUT I absolutely agree with you about the Governator.

I agree, all the politicians need to go, the philosophies of the politicians in Sac. could not be more wrong and have been led to the problem we've had over the past 10 years. If I had a vote to remove all of them I would. Our company just laid off a lot of employees due to poor economy, high taxes (jobs being moved to Europe) and the proposed health care reform. Unfortuantely I don't see anything improving soon and am happy to hang onto my job so I can pay PG & E and the rest of the reef costs.

It's an interesting feeling for me. I'll need a new job in a few months and have the option of job hunting out of state. However almost the entirety of mine and my wife's family are in CA.

Gomer said:
It's an interesting feeling for me. I'll need a new job in a few months and have the option of job hunting out of state. However almost the entirety of mine and my wife's family are in CA.

Hmmm BAR needs a resident laser guy on staff :D Phong could help you in the lab. OK, now it's two jobs we're looking at, and two salaries :(

No No BAR as in Bay Area Reefers :) Hmmm, but we could use some water proof laser for Tigger-Pods. We want to amass an army of copepods with lasers instead of the cyclop "eye" :D

The is relentless grants given on just that very subject though Tony. I saw ~$10m in grants for devices like those granted over the last year alone. Most are video driven though/

GreshamH said:
Gomer said:

Hmmm BAR needs a resident laser guy on staff :D Phong could help you in the lab. OK, now it's two jobs we're looking at, and two salaries :(
Yeah Tony.. do you need a moving target to test your laser?? :bigsmile:

Gomer said:
I invented slow photons.

:lol: Sanjay's nickname is Photon Man so you got me thinking he needs a side kick, Slowton Man :lol: Sorry...bottle and a half of Sonnet 2005 Pinot and I'm feeling fine :)

Back