got ethical husbandry?

Opnions on the New nanocube 28 gallon HQI

I was wondering everyone's opnion on the new 28 gallon nanocube HQI? I was always interested in the nanocube as a show piece in the living room (small but colorful) but the lighting has always been the down side. I read alot and saw the tank in action (not in person) and thought it was pretty well rounded besides the air driven skimmer. I'd like to know everyone's opnion. For the individuals who's going to say I can build something better for the money.... I know you can. I was going for a nice closed tank for the living room. Here's the link of the 28g in action. Thanks everyone.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=114424&st=40

And is anyone going to carry them here in the Bay Area?

I always think about breaking glass when I hear NanoCube. Have you checked on nano-reef.com about the Nanocubes? There were a few incidences where they cracked and exploded. They were not just "coincidences" but rather a flaw in design.

I will never be too comfortable with having a nanocube =/ but hey, the new ones may be better =)

I would say, buy a different brand that's comparable, and retrofit. These nanocubes are plug and play, but they're crash prone due to the low flow, the weird filtratoin they have, etc =/ People on nano-reef always mod the hell out of them regardless =/

So as a plug and play solution, I'd be a bit skeptical.

I've had no first hand experience though, but that's just my thoughts. I hope that adds some value!

Kinetic,

There are two pumps now with a wave maker. Lighting is a HQI 150 watt... with 4 fans for cooling on a closed system it really kept the temps pretty cool! I read everything on nano-reef and other boards. Hopefully, they got all of the bugs out on this attempt. Thanks for the input.

Back