Cali Kid Corals

Orange Crush Acanthastrea - Good beginner LPS

Lyn

I have two available Orange Crush Acans. White part in the centers flouresce green under actinics. Originally from Cwolfus. This coral can be very agressive, so you must give it some space away from other corals. It does well in low/moderate-medium lighting. The parent colony was kept in low-med light. Frags have at least 3 heads.

IMGP4231.jpg

Requirements:
1. Current BAR member
2. Promise to feed it. It loves to be spot fed almost any kind of food; frozen, dried flake, etc.
3. Water quality must be beneficial for stony corals; especially alkalinity and calcium. Tell me your Alk and Calcium readings please.
4. Your tank must be cycled and stable. Minimum of 6 months. Please tell me how old your set up is and why you think it is stable.
5. Abide by DBTC rules and return to at least 2 others through the program.
6. I prefer pick up at a meeting; either the next BOD or Gen. meeting.

Note: I have treated this tank for benign flatworms/planaria. I don't see any now, but it is not a guarantee, so please take precautionary measures.

Lyn said:
Roc said:
Yours looks SOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo diffent then mine.

How so Seamus? What does yours look like?

yours has completely different shades of orange, and looks to only be shades of orange. Where mine has reds and greens and blues as well

Here is mine''

tank1-13-09007.jpg

I have seen Orange Crush in other peoples tanks that looked like yours. In each case, their light output was much higher than mine. I guess the coral morphs when in high lights?
When I got my coral, it was bright orange and has stayed orange. You cannot tell from the picture, but the middles flouresce green. This picture was taken using only 10K lights. :)

Corals are pretty amazing in the way they change color depending on your light setup. :)

I think it has to do with Orange crush being a technical lineage, but lots of people refer to their orange colored acan echinatas as an orange crush. I'd say that the two orange acans pictured in this post are from different sources (ie, light won't shift the color to make one look like the other).

That makes sense Tony. Although I believe one person told me their OC started out orange and then became an orange/green beast. :)

Back