Neptune Aquatics

Potter Angel

Thinking of getting a little angel, any input? I have a flame angel that seems to behave well.
The frag tank might be it's home for a while.
Need your opinion/experience on such fish.

Thanks !

So many in the know have said that angels will nip corals that I'm not willing to try one until my favorite corals are all megacolonies.

Mine constantly pick pick pick. Been a few months and no complaints. I also knew they would be pickers ;). I find the behaviour quite interesting actually.
Don't touch my hammer, frogspawn, brain, goni.
Do hit the sps. Just pick, no damage. Some SPS have full PE everytime I look in there so they must be getting spared.
They look cool for sure. I honestly feel the more I feed them the more they nip FWIW.

Only "negative" has been their single recent interaction with a clam. It did not work and the clam was removed. Easy decision.

You are going to have a problem with the flame angel. You will either need two new centropyge or catch the flame and re introduce them both at the same time.

Kensington Reefer said:
You are going to have a problem with the flame angel. You will either need two new centropyge or catch the flame and re introduce them both at the same time.

Yup. Even if introduced at the same time, they still may not get along. I've had several dwarfs including the Potter's and Flame. Neither bothered any corals but the Flame would attack the other dwarf in the tank at the time. Current Potter's nips at other fish but not corals/clams.

However, a wise man once said.. "There's no such thing as a reef safe angel. It's just a matter of time." Is the risk worth the reward? :D

Back