Jestersix

PSA: Cal Academy Livestock — rare upgrades

Just wanted to let you all know that as of this afternoon, Cal Academy had the following:

-Peppermint Angel pair (no pics allowed)
-Sakura anthias (school with giant supermale)
-Anthias annepatrice school (similar to Ventralis)
-Bandit Angel
-Venustus Angel pair
-weedy pipefish

Good time to go and check out some of their new stock!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JVU
Wow didn't realize the Cal Academy has pricing that differs based on the day of the week/estimated crowd level? What do they think they are? Disney?

Don’t you just end up going on the free days anyway? ;)
Pfffbt I wish, they've really buckled down on the free days, used to be 1st Wednesday of the month, now they do neighborhood free days and I think they have 1 or 2 of those a year only so only SF residents (which is fine by me), however I'm not a big fan of going to the park on a weekend (which is when the free days are). And yeah they completely jacked up annual passes too which is why I would only do free days.

But they’re worth supporting if they’re getting all these crazy rare fish!! Literally saw 6 figures worth today alone...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last couple times I went I felt like my money was well spent, both for personal enjoyment and for supporting something I believe in. And I really appreciate that they try to balance out the crowds a little with incentivized pricing. Also they try to predict busyness of whatever days and times you are considering to help you make an informed decision. I wish other venues would take such a smart approach!

We pretty much got a family pass each year. Being that my kids are homeschooled, we’d go during the week mid day to afternoon time. Most of the time field trips would end at lunch time and there’d be a sweet spot around 1:00-3:00.

Back