Neptune Aquatics

Recommendation on Tubing on drain

Ayman

Supporting Member
Hi, I am curious what my options are as I am setting up a tank, the return has a Polyethylene Flexible Spa Hose. And it is hard to work with in the sump. I am unsure of the dimensions but the most common are 1-1/2-in Inner can I plum this into PVC pipes with a gate valve?

Attachments

• IMG_6021.PNG
    IMG_6021.PNG
    310.6 KB · Views: 48
I’m not sure what he’s trying to do. I’m not a fan of spa flex.
He's trying to replace the spa flex that it came with on the return line with a better solution. I was thinking silicone since the return goes through a chamber and doesn't have much access.

Most people are probably going to be thinking from your return pump if you say return. What exactly do you want to do? Show me what you are trying to change?

I think there’s supposed to be a bulkhead there with 90 barb fitting Then a 1 1/2” ID tube to the barb.
What’s on the other side of the hole ? Is it the back side of the aquarium ?

The hole has the return and drain. Yes back side of aquarium. This is all on the right side of the aquarium. I am not sure if the bottom was modified or the part where a 90 barb fitting was there. But this is what i am working with now.

I’m very confused on what you’re saying and the pictures don’t make sense to me. Take pictures that are further away. Then I can see what is overflow and return.

Back