got ethical husbandry?

Red Blasto qualification?

Solitaryensis

Supporting Member
Hey guys,
Finally took the plunge and joined the club so you’ll probably be seeing me over here more often. Not sure if this is proper protocol to determine if a particular coral qualifies as rare but I thought id ask and post a picture. It’s a red blasto and although I don’t think its rare, I don’t seem them sold very often anymore and didn’t see any in the "regular" DBTC. Hopefully someone will chime in. TIA. Sorry for the bad pic too. Im using a 2 megapixel camera thats several years old
Theo
IMG_0212.jpg

You don't see these very often anymore? Glad mine are making a comeback then! I fragged a few for a DBTC way back when, from what I understand, none survived other tanks. My colony crashed down to a few polyps + tons of algae all over it, then poof they're coming back with a passion.

Ask Steve at NAA. He told me that blastos are going to become harder and harder to come by. Think he was looking for some red ones.

Just like fashion eventually the oldies but goodies come back into style.

[quote author=seminolecpa link=topic=3755.msg43665#msg43665 date=1211349526]
Ask Steve at NAA. He told me that blastos are going to become harder and harder to come by. Think he was looking for some red ones.

Just like fashion eventually the oldies but goodies come back into style.
[/quote]

Yeah, I think certain collectors just begin focusing on more popular corals and sometimes forget the "oldies." Im not sure they do this on purpose but I suppose this has a secondary effect in that it allows oft harvested corals to make a "comeback." But yes, I cant remember the last time ive seen a blasto at a LFS. Not trying to hype my thread up but they do seem to be a bit rarer these day and consequently, I rarely see these FS on the forums

Tony,
Sorry, it was an inquiry but I dont have a problem making it a part of the program. Email me at Theol@ucla.edu to arrange a pick up date/time.
Theo

Back