Cali Kid Corals

Reef Angel + New heater (what kind of heater?)

Im getting a Reef Angel for Christmas! Ive been reading other post Im guessing you can use the Reef Angel temp probe to control one of the outlets on the power block? What kind of heater should I get? One without an internal thermostat right?

My tank is around 130 gallons, the room sometimes gets a little cold. (Rental with no insulation :|

I recommend getting multiple small heaters rather then 1 large heater. The problem with use 1 large heater is that if there is a failure were the heater sticks on 1 large heater can increase your temperature to the point were you animals can be harmed. With using multiple small heaters if 1 fails you have a longer time to recognize the problem and correct it before damage is done.
Also get heaters with internal thermostats, this is a second fail self for your system. Have the internal thermostat set to just slightly higher then what you have your control set at.

Those are really good points! I do take small trips frequently thats why Im getting the REEF ANGEL and adding WIFI feature so I can get remote updates and tank conditions.
What brand of heater is the most reliable? How many watts should I get?

I allready have to 300 watt hydors, but I dont know if I trust them. But I guess it dosnt matter with the REEF ANGEL controlling the power sorce and having the internal thermostats turn up a little higher than the desired temp setting.

I have 2 x 300w heaters in 120g + 30g sump. They are old hand me down heaters, but they seem to get the job done. My friend got a new Jager heater for his tank, they sure do look nice.

Back