got ethical husbandry?

Reefbrite XHO

I got a 48" XHO blue that has some led that not lit up. Anyone open and repair the reefbrite before? How do you open the reflector?

more info.

Attachments

• 4B58CA85-1653-4EA4-8166-F1688C7F1BDC.jpeg
    4B58CA85-1653-4EA4-8166-F1688C7F1BDC.jpeg
    57.5 KB · Views: 102
  • AADE0A70-5EC4-4358-8F59-51EC3395D4ED.jpeg
    AADE0A70-5EC4-4358-8F59-51EC3395D4ED.jpeg
    47.5 KB · Views: 122
I don't own one nor have I taken one apart but I'm sure it's fairly straight forward. It looks like there are 4 screws that hold the ends together. Unscrew them and I'm relatively confident the entire unit inside the housing will just slide out.

It’s actually a total pain in the ass, I’ve taken some apart and it’s just not really made for easy repair, especially if there is any corrosion at all the parts are a total pain to disassemble. I did it and they worked, but can’t really recommend it

I don't own one nor have I taken one apart but I'm sure it's fairly straight forward. It looks like there are 4 screws that hold the ends together. Unscrew them and I'm relatively confident the entire unit inside the housing will just slide out.
You are right about the four screws on each end. but you can only slide the the acrylic lens protector, nothing else go out from there.

It’s actually a total pain in the ass, I’ve taken some apart and it’s just not really made for easy repair, especially if there is any corrosion at all the parts are a total pain to disassemble. I did it and they worked, but can’t really recommend it.

How do you remove the reflector? if I can remove the reflector without damage it, then I can figure out eveything else. Look like they epoxy the reflector to the LED panel.

I would have to check, I don’t really remember if I took them out or just tapped out. I did a lot of jerking and twisting of things before I got it all working again I do remember that. I will say that I did get them working at the end, so that might be worth something.

I would have to check, I don’t really remember if I took them out or just tapped out. I did a lot of jerking and twisting of things before I got it all working again I do remember that. I will say that I did get them working at the end, so that might be worth something.
If you can enlighten me some tip on how to remove the reflector that would be great.

Back