Kessil

ReeFi Uno 2.0 lights are pretty amazing

Their captcha :D

1709149904091.png

I have three over my tank and now that I’m getting more sticks in place I’m going add a forth. It’s my first time using LED light after only having experience with halide and t5. I’m very happy with them so far. And the coustomer service is exceptional. The owner is active on their Facebook page and answers emails promptly.

I have the first gen, early adopter. Yes, the Uno are great. I'm just curious about the justification to the the 2.0. They produce a lot more light but looking at the setting posted here , folks are using less than 50% of the available power. I understand its nice to have headroom. But do think think you will ever need all the available PAR? Will that fry the corals? :)

I think maybe it has better color spread since the single LEDs were doubled or quadrupled and everything was spread across the unit rather than just the center.

But I bet also Daniel had upgrades in mind to improve efficiency, try out new designs, etc. He's coming out with new reeflectors too that supposedly reduce hot spots and light spill.

Have you tried to crank up the power to see the PAR spread? I bet it must be crazy high. I ended up getting a Kessil ap700 along with 2 unos to get the spread and reduce shadowing. Have to turn down all the lights to 65% so that I don’t fry the corals.

Haven't cause I like to keep the edges of my tank at like <100 par at peak for my lords and wilsoni corals. But my peak is about 62% also of max wattage. I think I would mount it higher if I had the option but my arm is not adjustable.

I am using 6 fixtures, here are my settings:
IMG_0959.png

Mine are mounted about 15” above a 72x30x24 tank. And even with just a 65w peak this gives about 600 PAR in the top center.

Still acclimating - 2 weeks to go to actually get to 65w. I will give a full par report once they are up and running at 100%.

Last edited:
I recently lowered my peak settings from 98W to 85W. I have CSBs directly under them and they would keep migrating to the very bottom of the rock and leaving the highest point empty. Initially that was fine because they moved one at a time and I could pluck them off and sell them but now they are all starting to move. After the change they’ve been climbing back up and one is even perched at the very top. My tank is 24” deep and the lights are an additional 18” from the waterline and still produces a ton of light. CSBs (or mine anyway) can tolerate very high lighting but they seem to prefer medium to lower light (not too low or they start looking like regular RBTAs).

IMG_0050.jpeg

IMG_0049.jpeg

Last edited:
Back