Reef nutrition

RODI Booster Pump

Hi everyone
I love to hear everyone's expierence before i decide to purchase one.
Im looking to purchase a RODI booster pump because water bill seems to go up alot. Anyone got any recommendations on one thats best bang for the buck or have a used set for sale? I like to try it.
It seems I am getting
For every 1 gallon RO water = 3 gallons of waste water. It seems such a waste of water
Water pressure is around 45psi
Thank You all

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I can give a big thumbs-up for the Smart Buddie RODI Booster. Costs same as a generic RODI booster and does more. Lots of info and videos online.

I can give a big thumbs-up for the Smart Buddie RODI Booster. Costs same as a generic RODI booster and does more. Lots of info and videos online.
Just curious what is your psi before and after using the booster?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

PSI prior: 20-ish (could have been attributed to poor flow through a saddle valve.)
PSI after: 85-ish.

Booster pumps greatly reduce waste water. For one, it takes a fraction of time to produce what I need now, not to mention improved filtering efficiency and performance.

I have the same Aquatec that half the rest of the world does. Be aware that some models are plumbed for 3/8" push connects not 1/4". Easy to put an adapter into, but worth being aware of when you're ordering parts.

Minor notes:
The Aquatecs like to seep a bit at the heads (well, 60% of the ones I've seen) after a couple years. Tightening the screws sometimes resolves it. Not a big leak, not even a slow drip, but I wouldn't mount one over a nice wooden floor. Other minor note, out of many, many, people using them I've never come across someone else who has called Aquatec service. I have called them, attempting to replace the head on a pump that was old enough to not owe anyone anything when it eventually leaked through and trashed the head bearing. Their response was poor at best with a "if it's broken replace the whole unit" mentality. Fortunately it's not particularly hard to replace the bearing after a decade if you need to. As a bonus, it stopped seeping water when I did.

You can also run membranes in series or change your waste water restrictor to put some control on the system, but don't randomly pick one off the shelf. I have a pressure regulator instead of a simple orifice on my waste line, but I'll openly admit that is overkill.

Back