Reef nutrition

Schooling Gobies? Mini Cardinals?

kinetic

Supporting Member
I came across this thread last year, and have been on the lookout for these guys. The first one is a goby called Bryaninops natans. I saw a bunch of these at All About Fish a few months ago, but didn't think they were more than one of those neon gobies. Will these guys actually school as in the following picture?

fish019.jpg

And then there are these neat cardinalfish that are REALLY tiny:
fish015.jpg

fav019.jpg

Those are called Apogon parvulus, but I've never seen them at a LFS before.

They look kinda like freshwater tetras =P

anyway, anyone have experience with these two fish? Where can I get them these days? will those gobies actually "school"?

and when I say school, I mean like stick together in a group and not kill each other after a few days.

Both are delicate fish that require small foods. I saw a few hundred of the cardinals a couple weeks ago @ a LA wholesaler. The owner said they actually ship decently and hold up. To me that means they shold do pretty darn good in aquaria :D

The Bryaninops on the other hand I do have persoanl experience with. I've imported a few hundred and lost more then half. They're an iffy one IME.

gresh: is there anyway to somehow get a handful of the cardinals? I'm not seeing them at the stores at all =/ I don't have any wholesale license stuff either. Is there a way? Or to just sit back and hope for the best? Do a special order with a LFS?

thanks for the feedback though! glad to know the cardinals do well with shipping!

Ask any store that deals with Sea Dwelling Creatures to special order them. I know many locals use them, like TOG (the Octopus's Garden).

Back