High Tide Aquatics

Sea Hare for loan

iCon

Supporting Member
I have a sea hare being stored in a frag tank and it has almost finished cleaning the tank of algae. Willing to loan it out if anyone wants to get rid of some algae or it'll be going to LFS within the next few weeks

Members only and know what you're doing - you don't want one of these dying in your tank :)

I'm target feeding it (can you believe target feeding a sea hare?) it has done a great job cleaning in-between the egg-crate so I'm giving it chunks of hair algae from the fuge.
Is not starving but needs it's food.
Hare is in San Francisco, 24th St @ Church
Check with iCon and you can pm me, is in my frag tank.

I think this is great that the sea hare can travel about like an itinerant samurai defeating algae wherever he goes. The tuxedo urchin I had scraped my tank clean before starting to munch on clove polyps and the orange tunicuts I'd just acquired. Will a sea hare eat anything besides algae if it's hungry or just slowly/quickly starve?

Mike for me I have used a sea hare twice now and removed it before all signs of algae were gone. They did not touch the red algae much, but got anything green including macros.

Mario, thanks for meeting up with me to pass on this one. It is smaller than the others I had and it has great pinto coloring, for a sea hare. It should have enough to eat for about ten days or so. I will post back here when it needs a new home.

Not complaining, but this guy eats like a waif. The last one had nearly finished the clean up by now. This one doesn't even clean the rock the first pass. It is active during the day too. The other only nocturnal. A great animal to have around, and looking like it will feed here a month.

Con, sorry man it did not eat in my tank and declined very quickly. So fast I could not get it to another tank before it was gone. Another one just after that from GM ate well and cleaned up all the rock in a little over a week, then I returned it. Each sea hare must have types they eat and others they do not. There was not much in my tank save the caulerpa fuzz.

I also dropped the ball by not updating this thread. How is the best way for me to replace it for you?

Back