Jestersix

Simple Wiring Project

In my stand (under the tank) I added a small light because it can be hard to see things at times. The light has 3 small LED's and takes 3 AAA batteries. I have a tendency to forget to turn the light off and I drain the batteries and thus no more light. Because of that I tackled a small project. I bought a Normally Closed Momentary switch. Just like the refrigerator, open the door, the light goes on, close the door, light goes off. I ran the wires for a small simple circuit and added a small battery pack, taking 4 AAA batteries. It was working perfectly for about an hour and then quit. If I mess with things the lights will flash on off quickly. The batteries are not dead.

I am curious if someone may suspect what is wrong.

I have already tried changing out the switch, removing the switch completely to create a closed circuit. Undoing and redoing all connections. I can take two wires and keep touching them together intermittently and the light will flicker but once I continuously hold them together, it doesn't work.

How does the battery thing work? Would there be any issue from going with 3 AAA batteries to 4 AAA batteries?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks

Back