Neptune Aquatics

Starboard users... where did you get it?

sfsuphysics

Supporting Member
I'm looking specifically at you Rich! (only because you're the only one I can think of off hand that has it)... so where did you get a piece big enough to fit in your tank?

Also what's the common (i.e. not reef tank) name for the stuff? I'm trying to get an idea of what this stuff is made of so I can see if silicone will adhere to it.

I am pretty sure you can get it from tap plastic. I used a flat sheet of black PVC (Also from TAP) instead of starboard.

Ahhh
Yeah I can use PVC as well, although I'm replacing a tank bottom with it more so than using it like a starboard.

the more I'm thinking of I'm leaning towards PVC since I know Dow 795 will grab on good to it, but I'm unsure if Starboard (HDPE) will have the same grab.

Is it really with shipping? It can't cost that much at tap. Its only 8 square feet. 60 from tap for 1/2inch 48x24. 50 something from usplastics.

http://www.tapplastics.com/shop/product.php?pid=385&

Hmmm, tap's lists two separate HDPE sheets, which are a bit different.

But I was specifically speaking about PVC sheets, 1/4" 2x4 = $70, vs Modern plastics, $38... but again who knows about shipping.

Wait...tell me Mike you are really not going barebottom are you? Quick call the folks with the little white coats to grab the straight jacket and come get you ;D

The cutting board website that Rich mentioned, as well as US Plastics will have it. The West Marine store might have it, and Tap Plastics as mentioned should work.

Back