Kessil

STN to RTN: What to do

kinetic

Supporting Member
My bottlebrush I received from LiveAquaria started to RTN yesterday. When I received the frag, I noticed a bit of tissue necrosis already on the encrusted base, and waited to see what would happen within the 14 day period. I didn't notice anything bad, and PE and color was great! But yesterday I noticed the PE was non existent, and the purple tips had almost all but faded.

I emailed LiveAquaria, and even a month later, they refunded me without me even asking! I just asked them a few questions on what they would recommend me do (they have pretty knowledgable staff), and they told me that they were going to refund my cc or give me credit right away. Amazing I tell ya.

Anyway, I fragged off the pieces that I thought were a centimeter away from the necrosis, dipped them in TMPCC for 15 minutes, then put the pieces back into the tank on frag plugs.

I don't know if that will help, but for some reason I heard that TMPCC may help, even just dabbing the necro areas... but anyway, what else can I do to hopefully save this piece?

Salifert tests everything checks out, all other corals doing well.

Thanks =)

Sounds like you did what you could.

Frank did say to use Seachem Reef Dip at full strength, dabbed onto the affected areas.

Just in case, maybe you could take some macro shots of the sick pieces to see if there are any AEFW or LRB.

Back