Neptune Aquatics

SupraSaltyReefer - ELOS 120XL and then some

Recently my Calico tang started changing colors again. I initially bought it with a yellow tear drop pattern but once I added it to my tank it disappeared. Happy to see some white and yellow is developing on it again.
1D468AEA-75E6-4481-AB11-97EFAF64C187.jpeg

IMG_8149.jpeg

D991EACA-DC83-480B-979B-8F22D0A93A2D.jpeg

golden hawkfish…..trio!
Winning!
I only have a pair now. I had to rehome one of them since the bigger one was chasing one of them around too much. Maybe they were 2 males.

Whoa didn't realize they could change colors that much. Did you get it from Violet? I was eyeing a bunch that they had there.
Yeah I got it from Violet back in Nov. 2022.

Let me know if you ever want to downsize your tang gang, I have locations available. :D

Awesome fish!
For sure. I know you'll feed them well :D I actually might have my Achilles available soon. I had to catch it out since it's ich wasn't going away on it's own like it normally did in the past. It's currently in QT with copper right now. Not sure if I want to go through the process of acclimating it back in to the tang gang. Not sure how your fatty Powder Blue will feel about him tho lol

For sure. I know you'll feed them well :D I actually might have my Achilles available soon. I had to catch it out since it's ich wasn't going away on it's own like it normally did in the past. It's currently in QT with copper right now. Not sure if I want to go through the process of acclimating it back in to the tang gang. Not sure how your fatty Powder Blue will feel about him tho lol

Text me when it's time, definitely intrigued!

Edit - Sounds like this is probably a bad idea based on preliminary googlin'

Last edited:
Took down my SR60 since it was scratched up pretty bad. I wasn’t doing much with it since it was just housing a bunch of leathers and wrasses.
IMG_9612.jpeg

Now setting up a IM 25g Lagoon to focus more on shrooms and unique leathers only.
IMG_9632.jpeg

Still undecided on which light to use. I like the rectangular look of the XR30 but it’s overkill. Option 2 would be an AI Blade for the sleekness. Option 3 is AquaticLife T5 Hybrid fixture ceiling mounted. Option 4 would be a combination of the T5 fixture and XR30 or Blade, I like options if you can’t already tell lol. Expecting the AI Blade to be delivered tomorrow so we’ll see how it looks.

Build list so far:
IM Nuvo 25G Lagoon Pro 2
IM SR60 Gloss White stand
Light: TBD
Aqua Illumination Axis 40
Aqua Illumination Nero 3
IM 15G ATO reservoir
Tunze 3155 Osmolator
InkBird ITC-306A wifi temp controller
BRS 100w Titanium heater
Marinepure ceramic biometric 2” cubes

Last edited:
It’s going to mainly be a shroom tank so I don’t need high par. Just want to see what the hype is about. They’ve been getting great reviews.
I have one on my nano only cause it fits into the old lid. Colors look muted/boring because it only has blue, royal, and cool white LEDs on the grow. Very little in the 390-420nm range. No warm white, amber, or lime either. PAR isn't bad, I measured like 250-300 at the top of the rocks and 100 on the sand of a 12" tank. This is just 1 grow 12". First gen of these had the bad LED placement that cause weird shading that was fixed in recent production. but again the light is in an old plastic enclosure mounted maybe 1" above the surface. If it wasn't for the form factor I wouldn't use it for the $ needed.

A 12" glow and grow together are $341 plus tax which is insane for 40w of lighting. Luckily I got this one on sale for like $115 otherwise I wouldn't have gotten it.

I have one on my nano only cause it fits into the old lid. Colors look muted/boring because it only has blue, royal, and cool white LEDs on the grow. Very little in the 390-420nm range. No warm white, amber, or lime either. PAR isn't bad, I measured like 250-300 at the top of the rocks and 100 on the sand of a 12" tank. This is just 1 grow 12". First gen of these had the bad LED placement that cause weird shading that was fixed in recent production. but again the light is in an old plastic enclosure mounted maybe 1" above the surface. If it wasn't for the form factor I wouldn't use it for the $ needed.

A 12" glow and grow together are $341 plus tax which is insane for 40w of lighting. Luckily I got this one on sale for like $115 otherwise I wouldn't have gotten it.
Thanks for the info. The form factor is pretty slick. I'm tempted to try the refugium model to replace my GRO.

What’s wrong with the XR30?

Perhaps three Kessil a500x would better suit the tank? I happen to have some available for sale :p

You could angle them all so they hit the same spot and deliver around 3,000 PAR, really bring out the color in those shrooms. Think about it!!

Back