Kessil

T5 reflector clips?

sfsuphysics

Supporting Member
I was originally looking to reuse (chop in half) a couple old 4 foot T5 reflectors to make a 4- 2 foot reflectors, however having looked at some of my other ones (ice cap) I remembered that clip that holds them to the bulb so the reflector itself doesn't need to be supported by anything, this will allow me that extra level of "cleanness" for my canopy.

Now I'm curious can you buy just the clips? I know they're specifically made for icecap, but looking at them I'm sure I could retrofit them to another reflector. Reason is, I really want a clipped reflector, however forking out $80 bucks for reflectors (4-24" icecap reflectors) seems like a waste if I can get the clips and re-use what I have.

http://www.marinedepot.com/IceCap_Plastic_Coated_T5_Lamp_Clips_w_Hardware_Pair_Replacement_Parts_for_T5_Retrofit_Kits-IceCap-IC1735-FILTRTRFT5RP-vi.html

http://www.marinedepot.com/Sunlight_Supply_Plastic_Coated_T5_Lamp_Clips_for_TEK_II_Retrofit_Reflectors_(pair)_PC_VHO_Fluorescent_Reflectors-Sunlight_Supply_Inc-SL2731-FILTACRAFL-vi.html

Mike...I got tons of these in the shop that I don't use. I'll bring some for you for you tomorrow...free! How many do you need?

Oh yeah Robert I'm down for that! I definitely need 9, however I could do with a few more, especially if they're the plastic ones that I hear are quite prone to breaking (the 9th is because I actually have one with a ghetto pvc home made "clip")

Phong thanks for doing my homework for me! I often have problems finding stuff because I'm not sure what it's called on various websites "The thing that holds the light" doesn't get terribly many hits.

sfsuphysics said:
Oh yeah Robert I'm down for that! I definitely need 9, however I could do with a few more, especially if they're the plastic ones that I hear are quite prone to breaking (the 9th is because I actually have one with a ghetto pvc home made "clip")

Phong thanks for doing my homework for me! I often have problems finding stuff because I'm not sure what it's called on various websites "The thing that holds the light" doesn't get terribly many hits.

No problem Mike. I'll bring ya 10X. They are powder coated metal. Came with the ReefGeek's T5 retro kits we got a while back. Definitely not plastic.

See you tommorw.

Back