Our mission

Tenuis care

Red Sea salt. 5 gallon every two weeks. Hanna checker. Reagents not expired. I don’t have any other CA test kit but I did get a box of ICP single test, which I was going to send in soon. I do have a bit of coraline growing. I wouldn’t say a lot. Bits here and there.
Which Red Sea bucket? Blue or pro?

Curious what your polyp extension looks like when all the lights are completely off ? Get yourself a blue light flashlight. Acros love to eat at night or very early morning. In my experience you should see big polyp extension

Blue bucket. Most sps I have do good PE during the day and some acros have more PE at night when lights are off. Hanna CA checker no good? Mmm what do you guys use?

Seems fine for alk imo.
Yeh it's just preference. I do not know if its reagent contamination, not very clean container or slight variation in the water volume per test, but for some reason when I had my hannah checker, consecutive tests will usually bot yield the exact same results. It might be me.. I just got too used to the salifert.

The only way I’d move on from Hannah for alk is if I got an auto tester of some kind. I don’t think any of the ca testers are great. I like the Hannah one because there’s no guessing what color it is. Their older kit was really difficult to do the step with the smallest measurement but the newer kits come with a special syringe which makes it much easier.

I’ve noticed something is coming out of my tenuis... what is it doing? Anyone has any idea?

354FC2EA-0030-40D5-B3B4-3C64E453A03B.jpeg

I’ve noticed something is coming out of my tenuis... what is it doing? Anyone has any idea?

View attachment 14165

They are mesenterial filaments. They’re the internal folds of tissue inside the coral that have nematocysts stinging cells in them. I’m guessing you just broadcast fed, stirred the sand and put detritus in the water column, or it found a neighbor or substrate/algae to eat.

Last edited:
Back