Cali Kid Corals

Trachy help

I picked up a Trachyphyllia from a LFS this past weekend. I only noticed when I placed it into my tank that the very left side of the brain coral didn't look so hot. I don't know how I didn't notice at the store :( But now that I have it; it looks as though some septa on the very left are exposed, and the tissue in this area looks a little thin. The rest of the coral looks great in terms of inflation, and colors -it's only that left portion that really worries me. I definitely don't want the rest of the brain coral to die obviously. Is there anything I can do to help coax the Trachy to full health? Target feeding would be a PITA because it is on the bottom of my tank (~23-24 in.), though FWIW I do plan to start dosing my tank with RN Oyster Feast this weekend. In case anyone is wondering, the water quality is fine, it is getting the right amount of flow, and I have a 150w MH above my tank.
Thanks! Any advice is appreciated! :)

The specimen's outer tissue is red, while the tissue in the oral area is green. Around the not so great looking area of the coral, the color is a little faded, yes.

Back