Kessil

Trident Test B fail

Thanks for weighing in. Very helpful. Since you change individual reagents as needed, do you then calibrate every time a bottle is changed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recalibrate when I replace B and C. You will replace A 2x for every B and C and Alk doesn’t seem to drift too much anyway.

@JVU I’ve tried to trade my spare A reagent for BC and no takers. It makes sense I would have lots of spare A since I run Alk around 8 and Ca/Mg as high as possible. Someone should share a recipe to test Alk using the A component so can be used as a manual test reagent at least.

I can’t help it. It’s overpriced, overhyped, and seems to be annoying to deal with. Plus, Neptune went back on their promise to the apex classic owners. They said that all new equipment would be compatible. Until the 2016 model came out.

You are entitled to your views as to what you deem overpriced, overhyped and annoying to deal with.

We actually said we will try our best to make any new equipment backwards compatible. The Trident just won't run on a Classic. We tried. So now the question is, should we not have released it at all because it was not compatible with the Classic? Or made the Trident less capable so it will be compatible with the Classic?

The ATK (FMM), the COR both released after the 2016 Apex and both are compatible with the Classic. We updated the firmware on a lot of the modules and they are still compatible with the Classic.

Do you still use the old iphone or a blackberry? The classic was released right about the same time or maybe even a little before that.

You are entitled to your views as to what you deem overpriced, overhyped and annoying to deal with.

We actually said we will try our best to make any new equipment backwards compatible. The Trident just won't run on a Classic. We tried. So now the question is, should we not have released it at all because it was not compatible with the Classic? Or made the Trident less capable so it will be compatible with the Classic?

The ATK (FMM), the COR both released after the 2016 Apex and both are compatible with the Classic. We updated the firmware on a lot of the modules and they are still compatible with the Classic.

Do you still use the old iphone or a blackberry? The classic was released right about the same time or maybe even a little before that.

Any insider tips on reagent replacement? Do you concur with the input that has been provided here?

Any insider tips on reagent replacement? Do you concur with the input that has been provided here?

When it is time to replace b or c, replace A, B and C. Follow the task.

Do not mix old reagent into new reagent. If the old reagent is close to expiry, it could contaminate the new reagent giving bad readings.

When it is time to replace b or c, replace A, B and C. Follow the task.

Do not mix old reagent into new reagent. If the old reagent is close to expiry, it could contaminate the new reagent giving bad readings.

I hear you and thanks. Just curious though.... would there be any issues if one were to replace a single reagent via reset and prime function?

When you change a reagent other that the 2nd A from the same box, you have to calibrate. So if you only change B. You will have to calibrate. Then if you chnage C, you will have to calibrate. If you change A from a different box, you have to calibrate.

When you change a reagent other that the 2nd A from the same box, you have to calibrate. So if you only change B. You will have to calibrate. Then if you chnage C, you will have to calibrate. If you change A from a different box, you have to calibrate.
does it matter which calibrate fluid i use? ( one from older box, and one from new box )

It doesn’t matter.

The calibration solution is only good for 48 hours after you open it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And therein lies the issue. The calibration fluid does not last long after opening. Therefore it makes sense to do it once and make it count. So I’ll just time it to replace ABC at the same time (with the exception of the second A interval).

So has anyone else had the problem where the Ca reading starts to drift up and Mg drifts down when the reagents are around 30%? I had to replace my last two B&C reagents at 25/30% and they actually didn’t seem that full when I took them out. Is there a known solution? Customer service told me to fix it for now by replacing my reagents (which worked) and then watch it another month, but I don’t want to wait another month for a solution because this has been going on awhile already. (Waiting for my Ca/Mg levels to go haywire and then replace them weeks early isn’t a solution.)

So has anyone else had the problem where the Ca reading starts to drift up and Mg drifts down when the reagents are around 30%? I had to replace my last two B&C reagents at 25/30% and they actually didn’t seem that full when I took them out. Is there a known solution? Customer service told me to fix it for now by replacing my reagents (which worked) and then watch it another month, but I don’t want to wait another month for a solution because this has been going on awhile already. (Waiting for my Ca/Mg levels to go haywire and then replace them weeks early isn’t a solution.)
Do you have the little cones that go in the reagent bottles to keep the tubes centered? For whatever reason, this seems to help. After installing them on mine, it would get down under 10% before readings would get weird.

Do you have the little cones that go in the reagent bottles to keep the tubes centered? For whatever reason, this seems to help. After installing them on mine, it would get down under 10% before readings would get weird.

No, where do you get those?

No, where do you get those?

Or message eja99 on RC. He's in Mountain view and can print them.

Back