Jestersix

Walnut Creek tank buddy

Hi Jeff and welcome to BAR!

I’m also in Walnut Creek. I’m a bit nervous about being responsible for someone’s beloved tank, but I do have a lot of years of experience in this hobby. I could probably use a tank buddy too for that matter. Happy to discuss more.

John

I'm in Concord and I echo John's nervousness about taking care of a tank. I'm about 15 min from John. Haven't been in the reef hobby for very long. Been taking care of planted aquariums since the 90's.

Thank you so much. Any help is better than no help. Let’s all connect.

It shouldn’t be too much with the whole house generator, apex, ecotech battery, auto feeder etc.

I might need to get in on this. I live in Clayton. My neighbor's son feeds the tank when I am out of town, but on a long vacation I might need to show him how to refill the ATO. Shouldn't bee too difficult.
G

Wow this is something I might want to get into as well, I live in Pleasant Hill right by Dick's Sporting goods.

I think that if more of us knew each other locally that it would be much easier for whomever is "watching" your tank while your away....they could have some "backup" people nearby should something happen while the babysitter is feeding/top off water daily or that they cannot cover a gap in time.

Im down for saturday.

How is the calikid store?

I haven't gone yet but based on their website I assumed it was exclusively super expensive stuff.

Might try to swing by if people are meeting up. I'm in Martinez.

Fortunately I can cover my tank and have always used an auto feeder so outside of a disaster I can go two weeks without touching it if needed :p

Calikid coral if open? Dude, I need to go check this out. That is down the street from my house, and my son goes to kung fu in that shopping center. I am there way to often and didn't realize it was open. Can't make it this Saturday due to Mother's day plans, but I can hook up in the future.

Gerry

@xCry0x the store only has four or six lowboy tanks right now but it will have more for fish livestock soon....but those lowboys do have a lot of inventory. I noticed some bright orange zoas that caught my eye, asked about them and turns out they are a Bam Bam zoa, got a frag with about 8-10 heads on it for $20. I thought bam bam was more reddish, I guess this strain is just super orange.

So its not just super pricey stuff at all.

I just checked with Cos and he says they’ll be open 10a-5p this Sat, so maybe meet earlier in the afternoon?
Let's say 2pm tomorrow then? If you can't make it, we can continue the conversation online. I just thought it would be a good way to connect and support a new local shop (which is great btw).

I’ll try to make it at 2p. I’m still planning tomorrow out and as usual I’m not really in control :)

@xCry0x the store only has four or six lowboy tanks right now but it will have more for fish livestock soon....but those lowboys do have a lot of inventory. I noticed some bright orange zoas that caught my eye, asked about them and turns out they are a Bam Bam zoa, got a frag with about 8-10 heads on it for $20. I thought bam bam was more reddish, I guess this strain is just super orange.

So its not just super pricey stuff at all.

Awesome will have to check it out. Everything I have is growing well ATM -- but not looking to drop $1000 on a fancy shroom or $500 on some single eye chalice frag lol.

Perfectly happy with the $10-$20 frags.

Back