got ethical husbandry?

Water source for nano tanks

Hi guys, not sure if I posted in the correct section, I don't see a general topic subforum so I'll post it here for now.

For people with small nano tanks, where to get a good water source for cheap?

I have bought RO water from LFS but I noticed some LFS's RO water is not 0ppm, one of them even tested 22ppm, so far I know Neptune's water is 0ppm but it's $1 gallon, which is the same price as distilled water that I can get from Target, which is much easier closer to me. I wonder if any of the Pure Water stores have cheaper RO or distilled water?

Also thinking about investing in a RO unit, has anyone used the cheap RO units on Amazon, like this one here, 4-stage for $60? https://www.amazon.com/Aquatic-Life-Reverse-Osmosis-50-Gallon/dp/B00204CQF6, I wonder if this unit is enough to filter the bay area's hard water, my tap is 320 to 380ppm.

Thanks

Thats the ro system I started out with. It worked well for me but San Jose has 400+ ppm out of the tap so I would blow through the di resin.

Hi guys, not sure if I posted in the correct section, I don't see a general topic subforum so I'll post it here for now.

For people with small nano tanks, where to get a good water source for cheap?

I have bought RO water from LFS but I noticed some LFS's RO water is not 0ppm, one of them even tested 22ppm, so far I know Neptune's water is 0ppm but it's $1 gallon, which is the same price as distilled water that I can get from Target, which is much easier closer to me. I wonder if any of the Pure Water stores have cheaper RO or distilled water?

Also thinking about investing in a RO unit, has anyone used the cheap RO units on Amazon, like this one here, 4-stage for $60? https://www.amazon.com/Aquatic-Life-Reverse-Osmosis-50-Gallon/dp/B00204CQF6, I wonder if this unit is enough to filter the bay area's hard water, my tap is 320 to 380ppm.

Thanks
Make sure you have enough pressure and it will work.

Make sure your carbon filters are specifically made to deal with chloramines. Most are not unless they say they are, and it will destroy your RO membrane.

Back