Neptune Aquatics

Water test help.

Anyone near Union City can help to test my tank water? I can pay cash or frag for it. I just want an reliable test kit that you have to compare with my test kits. Lmk if you can help.

Same, I have Hanna for Ca, Alk, and PO4, then Salifert for mag. If you want to bring water when you come over for the coral package, you are more than welcome to!

Sounds like we have water checkers all over the bay! It would be fun (for us data nerds) to correlate different test kits on the same sample and see where they stand. I have been tracking the delta between my trident and my hanna tests and it gives good information. In short, all of our tests are ballpark, and its trends we want to look for.

Last edited:
Thank you Hui, Eric and Michael.

I will meet Michael this week, so I think I will bring my water for my Michael to test. I will text Michael.

Same, I have Hanna for Ca, Alk, and PO4, then Salifert for mag. If you want to bring water when you come over for the coral package, you are more than welcome to!

Sounds like we have water checkers all over the bay! It would be fun (for us data nerds) to correlate different test kits on the same sample and see where they stand. I have been tracking the delta between my trident and my hanna tests and it gives good information. In short, all of our tests are ballpark, and its trends we want to look for.
I did a similar test with refractometers during a talk I gave for BAR. The results were interesting.

I'll bring a big jug of our calibration solution and we can do this test at the next talk, now that COVID restrictions are becoming more relaxed.

Back