Neptune Aquatics

Way to hide DBTC's

I noticed that the main page is 80-90% DBTC threads recently. Actually this morning, there is only 1 non-DBTC thread. It seems like the discussions are being hidden due to all of the DBTC threads.

Can we create a way to hide these threads for those of us that don't participate in that program?

I noticed that the main page is 80-90% DBTC threads recently. Actually this morning, there is only 1 non-DBTC thread. It seems like the discussions are being hidden due to all of the DBTC threads.

Can we create a way to hide these threads for those of us that don't participate in that program?
It's only like that right now because people are updating BARcode. It will die down over time.

My bad. I’m basically done updating mine all now. Should die down a bunch.

I agree the overload is temporary, but if you want different content on the front maybe Update your journal or comment on others to bring up different threads too. It’s what you make it

Agreeing here. Would be nice to have a "hide user from new posts" option, if anything were possible.

I suggested this same thing before for the same reasons, the automated bot posts hiding the real person posts. It was suggested by everyone who responded that it is temporary as all the old DBTC threads get imported, and going forward you’ll only see posts when something actually changes like a frag is handed off or an actually new DBTC thread gets started. I’m willing to give it some time and hope that those explanations pan out.

If they don’t and the bot posts continue to be a problem then we can look at some way to hide some subset of them or maybe move them to their own new posts listing like we did when BST posts were getting to be a problem. Let’s give it a while to settle down and see.

@svreef - Is there a way to have the posts saying that an existing thread is now live in BARcode not show on the home page? Those posts are the issue more than any other because they aren’t actually saying anything useful. Even going forward if someone starts a new DBTC thread and then imports into BARcode, we wouldn’t want the bot hiding the human post for the thread. I can’t think of a situation where we need to have that bot post. But also not sure how to have the post in the thread but not show on the homepage.

I suggested this same thing before for the same reasons, the automated bot posts hiding the real person posts. It was suggested by everyone who responded that it is temporary as all the old DBTC threads get imported, and going forward you’ll only see posts when something actually changes like a frag is handed off or an actually new DBTC thread gets started. I’m willing to give it some time and hope that those explanations pan out.

If they don’t and the bot posts continue to be a problem then we can look at some way to hide some subset of them or maybe move them to their own new posts listing like we did when BST posts were getting to be a problem. Let’s give it a while to settle down and see.
I don’t think suppressing another set of sub forums is the answer though. Instead shouldn’t we encourage people being active in other threads to bring those up?

If you were to take away the DBTC stuff the front page would have week old posts

@svreef - Is there a way to have the posts saying that an existing thread is now live in BARcode not show on the home page? Those posts are the issue more than any other because they aren’t actually saying anything useful. Even going forward if someone starts a new DBTC thread and then imports into BARcode, we wouldn’t want the bot hiding the human post for the thread. I can’t think of a situation where we need to have that bot post. But also not sure how to have the post in the thread but not show on the homepage.
For one. I have no idea how to remove specific posts from "What's new". I imagine that figuring that out would take far more time than it's worth.

When new items are added (those that don't have a thread already), they will be added in BARcode and it will, in turn, create the DBTC thread. We don't want those posts suppressed for obvious reasons.

When an existing item is imported - which is what's going on now, BARcode posts to the existing thread. I don't believe these posts are useless. They tell anyone in the thread that the item is now in the system and they can go look at it there. These posts also raise awareness of the item...I had no idea some of them even existed.

This is a temporary "problem". It is due to the tremendous effort that @Coral reefer has put into importing threads in the past few days. It will go away organically. At some point, all threads will have been imported and you will never see it again.

For one. I have no idea how to remove specific posts from "What's new". I imagine that figuring that out would take far more time than it's worth.

When new items are added (those that don't have a thread already), they will be added in BARcode and it will, in turn, create the DBTC thread. We don't want those posts suppressed for obvious reasons.

When an existing item is imported - which is what's going on now, BARcode posts to the existing thread. I don't believe these posts are useless. They tell anyone in the thread that the item is now in the system and they can go look at it there. These posts also raise awareness of the item...I had no idea some of them even existed.

This is a temporary "problem". It is due to the tremendous effort that @Coral reefer has put into importing threads in the past few days. It will go away organically. At some point, all threads will have been imported and you will never see it again.
Except when people pass on frags to others in the future!

What about not having the bot make a new post in the thread when it imports, but maybe show up as an edit to the original post? If doable that would seem to serve the purpose and also address our concerns.

It would be good to make sure a chain is still active before importing too. But assuming it is still active, I think bringing old chains to the front again will hopefully reinvigorate them

Last edited:
Any new thoughts to this, I see the front page is only DBTC's again.

Is there a way to hide these for people who don't want there feed full of only DBTC's?

Back