Kessil

Welcome to Gran Playa Del Mar

SCTLD confirmation

IMG_0092.png

I can't find any thing on Google about this organism, whether it is gram negative or positive. Are they misclassifying it?

If it is true, then it sounds like time to break down the tank, bleach it, and peroxide the remaining frags if they're worth keeping and let them live in a blacked out bucket of new water for a week with an appropriate antibiotic? (And of course bleach all water change water that comes out of the bucket).

I can't find any thing on Google about this organism, whether it is gram negative or positive. Are they misclassifying it?

If it is true, then it sounds like time to break down the tank, bleach it, and peroxide the remaining frags if they're worth keeping and let them live in a blacked out bucket of new water for a week with an appropriate antibiotic? (And of course bleach all water change water that comes out of the bucket).
Scientists found it a couple years ago and they developed an amoxicillin paste that they applied to stony coral in the Caribbean. I’ve been following it for a long time cause I suspected that’s where my issues were stemming from.

In tank doses of cipro for 6 days at .125 mg/l and .4mg/l did not eliminate it.

Scientists found it a couple years ago and they developed an amoxicillin paste that they applied to stony coral in the Caribbean. I’ve been following it for a long time cause I suspect that’s where my issues were stemming from.
Right, that stuff was basically a crude treatment of amoxicillin plus denture cream. But if you Google "Planktotellea" there isn't anything listed about the organism.

Right, that stuff was basically a crude treatment of amoxicillin plus denture cream. But if you Google "Planktotellea" there isn't anything listed about the organism.
Ohh agreed with that. It is one of I think 6 bacteria associated with the pathogen but that’s all I’ve ever found. I am recalling the “6” off the top of my head, so that would need to be fact checked.

Yeah I'd press them for more info so you can devise an ideal treatment. Otherwise it's in the "not good stuff" bucket which isn't as helpful. I know @Thales was talking about having aquabiomics as a topic for a future Beef episode, but I'd be curious to see what he'd say about this test result and how to approach it.

Yeah I'd press them for more info so you can devise an ideal treatment. Otherwise it's in the "not good stuff" bucket which isn't as helpful. I know @Thales was talking about having aquabiomics as a topic for a future Beef episode, but I'd be curious to see what he'd say about this test result and how to approach it.
I hear ya, but I’ve been struggling with this frag tank for a few years. I’m just going to let this all run its course. Originally I was going to dose amoxi but now I’ve kinda hit my limit with it. Hopefully things start thriving and become resistant to it.

Back