High Tide Aquatics

What’s up with my athia

Dfrashid

Supporting Member
I need help trying to figure out what’s wrong with my Fish. He’s hiding from everybody else doesn’t eat and he’s got this growth on the side of his mouth. Any information can provide would be highly appreciate it.
IMG_8164.jpeg
IMG_8163.jpeg
IMG_8162.jpeg
IMG_8161.jpeg
IMG_8160.jpeg

For this type of thing https://humble.fish/community/index.php would be my suggestion. Would help to share more info, such as how long it's been like that, if recently added what QT process (if any), what else is in the tank, info about the tank, ...

Uninformed opinion: looks not good to me. I'd probably try and get a hospital tank setup and ask humble fish

I'd second asking humble fish, but - though it's hard to tell from those photos - my guess would be bacterial infection / bacterial tufts.

If it does end up being something more, double check the humble fish "difficult to qt" fish guide. I think anthias are intolerant of a lot of meds.

Tangs do NOT fight via lip locking, they have “knives” for that.
But anthias species do
Are there other anthias with damaged mouths?
No, it was just him. His mouth was ripped open after he died. I pulled them out and was able to take some good pictures. I believe the other Athena’s did this to him.sorry my pictures aren’t as good as I thought
IMG_8226.jpeg
IMG_8225.jpeg

Back