got ethical husbandry?

Get a new RODI unit or adding DI resin?

My TSD-3 meter read 17ppm from my rodi unit (Aquatic Life RO/DI 100GPD Filter) for the last few months. I replaced all the cartridges few month ago but still get 17ppm. Tap water is about 290 ppm in Union City. I noticed some hair algae start grown on my rock now and it time to make sure I can get good water from source. The unit remove about 94% from 290 ppm water in to 17ppm water out. Should I get a new unit or just add the dual DI resin cartridge like the link below? Any recommend?

My current unit is
http://www.marinedepot.com/AquaticL...-AquaticLife-AK01085-FIRORDFT-AK01087-vi.html

Dual DI resin.
http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/dual-deionization-canister-1.html

Six stages unit from BRS
http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/brs-6-stage-universal-water-saver-plus-ro-di-system-150gpd.html
Any recommend.

I have the BRS 4 plus and added the water saver. It works great. Not sure if you need a new system since I am by no means an expert but gotta figure if 4 stages is removing 90% 6 will do better. Maybe 1 micron filter and a better carbon filter will help? Good luck

Ryan

Can't you replace the resin in that unit? Either way I like to always run 2 chambers of resin for just these issues, I don't check the TDS every time I make water, so I rely on the resin keeping things up to snuff, and if one resin is exhausted I don't know if it color changed completely or just partially, but I have the peace of mind that the next chamber will finish off the job, and then when I do change the resin we're good to go, I actually like to swap the chambers around too just to always keep the new stuff as the 2nd chamber.

RO units for the most part are all identical, there's really nothing special about one brand over another except perhaps added bells and whistles that come in the base unit that can be added to any other unit if you so desire. No reason to buy a whole new RO/DI unit.

Can't you replace the resin in that unit? Either way I like to always run 2 chambers of resin for just these issues, I don't check the TDS every time I make water, so I rely on the resin keeping things up to snuff, and if one resin is exhausted I don't know if it color changed completely or just partially, but I have the peace of mind that the next chamber will finish off the job, and then when I do change the resin we're good to go, I actually like to swap the chambers around too just to always keep the new stuff as the 2nd chamber.

RO units for the most part are all identical, there's really nothing special about one brand over another except perhaps added bells and whistles that come in the base unit that can be added to any other unit if you so desire. No reason to buy a whole new RO/DI unit.

I bought resin from Ebay and replaced the resin media only, the other cartridge I replace new one.

Will this one work?
Dual DI resin.
http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/dual-deionization-canister-1.html

You have enough water pressure right?

Need enough water pressure for the filters to work effectively.

That cannister might work if you can connect it to your current RO unit.

Since Air Water and Ice sponsors our club and makes RODI Units, BAR gets a discount code 10% off any purchase. PM me if you want the discount code.

Bulk reef supply also has a couple good RODI units too.

I know you said you replaced all the cartridges. Did you replace the Membrane that is inside the unit? Did you check pre n post membrane tds?

Did your water company change water source? Or add different additives? Going to chloromines maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know you said you replaced all the cartridges. Did you replace the Membrane that is inside the unit? Did you check pre n post membrane tds?

Did your water company change water source? Or add different additives? Going to chloromines maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I replace the membrane, too. I dont know about water company change source or not.

17 ppm is after membrane but before DI resin correct? Did you get color changing resin? Really the thing to do is get a flow meter to see how many gallons pass through filters and change them according to volume if water they've treated.

I have the BRS 4 plus and added the water saver. It works great. Not sure if you need a new system since I am by no means an expert but gotta figure if 4 stages is removing 90% 6 will do better. Maybe 1 micron filter and a better carbon filter will help? Good luck

Ryan
Not always true. Adding two more cartridges depending on what you have in them can drop your pressure noticeably and affect membrane performance. Sounds like he's got plenty if pressure tho, so maybe a good idea to add some different micron sediment filters and extra chemical cartridges or something.

Back