Our mission

Gimmito's 450 gal L-shaped tank

jestersix said:
Thanks guys...

I have yet to realy test the limits with this stuff - I keep looking for a chance to build a really tall/long hanging span to see how far you could go with it.

Is my tank a BIG enough challenge ? ;)

cf9ef5cc.jpg

I finally got around to finishing my rockscaping w/help from a fellow BAR member who has some mad rockcsaping skills (thanks Jestersix !).

68f4b822.jpg

Here's a pic of the left side of the tank. There's two huge 40+ lbs of Marco Fiji Rock stacked w/2 pieces attached w/mortar and fiberglass rods on the sides. In the front is a small bommie which will house anemones (rainbow, sunburst,etc.) and 5 anemones (snowcassos or smores).

9e4825a4.jpg

Here's a pic of the right side of the tank. There's 3 pieces of Fiji rock glued w/the largest rock sitting on top (Marco Fiji Rock). I really wanted to soften that corner and hopefully w/the right coral placement I can achieve that.

sfsuphysics said:
In the front is a small bommie which will house anemones

HA! If I believed for one second that anemones would stay where I put them I'd put them in my display tank with my corals :D

I've had only one rogue anemone (that took a liking to a powerhead) in all the years I've had anemones. I'm hoping with a boomie all by itself they will stay put. ;)

jestersix said:
Thanks for letting me play in the big tank! That was some monster rock stacking!!

I couldn't have done it without you buddy (always nice to have a second pair of eyes). I'm going to have to pop a couple of advils after lifting all those "boulders." :bigsmile:

d8063785.jpg

Full tank shot (that didn't include too much glare or a pic of me in it). A big thanks to Fingerwrinkles for three huge pieces of Marco Fiji Rock that anchor the tank. Also, Yardartist, Finalphase, & Cookiejar for some unique pieces....you all helped make the aquascaping come together.

Is there a maximum number of posts before the thread splits like RC? :D I mean maybe that's why the site is running slow, Jim's mega thread (with no water) is bogging everything down!

Back