High Tide Aquatics

Gimmito's 450 gal L-shaped tank

Jim, your tank looks beautiful! Clearly thriving. The copperband is a great addition. So glad the purple, desjardini and hippo tangs are getting along with the other fish in your tank. How do you keep the sand so clean?

gimmito said:
Kmooresf said:
gimmito said:
[youtube]Bnij1x1e3cc[/youtube]

That's nice Jim! Very slick!

Thanks Kris...I'm sure you have somthing similar since we both do large water changes.

Nah, still doing garbage cans. LOL! Tank looks REALLY nice Jim. I like the wide open space in the front for the fish. The movement from all those tangs is beautiful. The nem is AWESOME! [/quote]

Tank Depot is your best friend Kris. You totally have the room to do one. I have some spare plumbing if needed...lmk.

99sf said:
Jim, your tank looks beautiful! Clearly thriving. The copperband is a great addition. So glad the purple, desjardini and hippo tangs are getting along with the other fish in your tank. How do you keep the sand so clean?

Hi Christina,

Thanks for the kind words. Now that I have the planaria and aptasia under control, I can slowly add some corals. Of course I noticed the copperband picking on the acans...if it's not one thing it's another. :(

Thankyou for entrusting me with the three amigos. The purple tang went at it with the alpha yellow tang for the first week, but all are playing nice now. I actually think i lucked out and think the two purples will pair up. Watching all the tangs go to town on nori tied to a rock is a sight to behold !

I also stir my sandbed daily which helps keep the sand clean
You are always welcome to visit the fish.

Back