got ethical husbandry?

Gimmito's 450 gal L-shaped tank

Terrific stuff Jim! I think you've got the slickest water change system around.

I've been trying to think of a way to make my water changes easier, but for now it's siphoning into buckets and replacing with salt and fresh water (depending on salinity of the tank and the salt I just mixed) into my topoff tank where it gets pumped into the sump - it works, but not as cool as yours.

Crabby said:
Terrific stuff Jim! I think you've got the slickest water change system around.

I've been trying to think of a way to make my water changes easier, but for now it's siphoning into buckets and replacing with salt and fresh water (depending on salinity of the tank and the salt I just mixed) into my topoff tank where it gets pumped into the sump - it works, but not as cool as yours.

Thanks Jonathan,

I gotta give props to Ian for putting it together. ;)

Kensington Reefer said:
I thought I was the coolest water changing system!!
Lol

No salt mixing, no lugging buckets, & no spilled water everywhere...just turning on a hose. Yup...you still have the coolest water change system Erin. :p

iCon said:
Those fish look awesome!

Do haddoni 'walk' similar to btas? Hopefully it'll come out from under those rocks!

Thanks C. I don't think they move around rocks as much as BTA's. Although, carpets seem to like putting there foot on the bottom of the tank. I think the blue carpet will move around a bit (but hopefully not too much) until it's happy.

Apon said:
tank looks so clean! good coralline coverage too. Tangs look big already.

Thanks Arnold...the tank is a far cry from when you seen it last. The tangs have grown incredible fast from the 3" juveniles a year (or so) ago. Now that I have my aptasia and flatworm problem under control, I can start stocking corals again. :)

Back