Jestersix

BOD + Rockscaping Demo w/jestersix - April 2012 - room 2338

We need a volunteer photographer for the clinic - anyone with an interest in photography willing to help out? It would be nice to capture some close-ups of Johnny's work.

Thanks, Erick. If possible I'd prefer to have a photographer that will definitely be present, but if you are able to make it, it couldn't hurt to have an extra photographer. :)

Are you frequently late to the meetings because while on the road, you realized that you don't have cash to purchase raffle tickets, IC gel, or renew your membership? Curse those awesome prizes our sponsors donate! :p

BAR is now set up to accept mobile credit card payments at our events. Just swipe your card, and you even have the option to obtain a receipt by email. Now you won't need to choose between running late or missing out on the goodies!

I just received two boxes of cherry rock from Marco Rocks for the raffle & Jestersix will be donating some Emaco kits. If you ever thought about doing or redoing your rockscape...don't miss out this demo & raffle !

Big thanks to Jestersix (Johnny) for a very informative rockscaping demostration !

2d95f49c.jpg

Here's some shots of Marco rocks and Jestersix emaco kits that were donated to the raffle.

098993af.jpg

Johnny finishing up a challenge (courtesy of Screebo & Coralreefer) to create a pinnacle rockscape...awesome !

well sad I missed the demo/talk. Unfortunately what was an hour or two job of installing recessed lighting in the living room turned into a hellish nightmare as I seen all sorts of illegal wire connects in the space. This is why I don't trust contractors (sorry Jon :) ), don't find out something they do until 10 years after the fact, can't exactly go after them from a legal standpoint.

well I never said I fixed them all ;)

Seriously, it's really old knob and tube wiring, took me an hour just to find out where all the stupid splices went to. There's a major whole house rewire project in my future, for now it'll have to stay as it is.

sfsuphysics said:

Seriously, it's really old knob and tube wiring, took me an hour just to find out where all the stupid splices went to. There's a major whole house rewire project in my future, for now it'll have to stay as it is.

I really don't get the endgame of doing bad work.
Knob and tub is fine until it's hacked in to.
If that has been done well... time to start over.

sfsuphysics said:

Tons of that in our neck of the woods. My house had plenty. Been removing it when and where I can.

Back