Kessil

1/4HP Arctica Chiller - "semi" PIF/Free

Dyngoe

Supporting Member
First off...Moderators, please forgive me. I was an active member years ago and I'm trying to do something nice for the group even if it isn't a "true" PIF/RAOK/Free.

OK..That said...I have a 1/4HP chiller that should go to a good home. It's an older model but everything works and it should chill 100G+ very well. I figure the rising temps have made some people worry about their water and I want to help someone keep their frags alive without fans and evaporation.

Now..THAT said...I'm hoping to find someone who dabbles in both SW and FW plants because I'm back to my roots with a 120G planted tank and I need help getting it going. I'm not looking for anything of "high" quality. In particular I'm looking for:
Anything that will grow in low/med light and fast. I need cover for my endler fry and killifish eggs
Rhizome based plants (My substrate is sand. I'll do root tabs if I can find a cool carpeting plant)
Water column plants like Hornwort, Rotala, Hygro (Again, easy care and fast growing without a substrate)
Mosses (quantity over quality for now)
Shrimp (Decent, not rare, red RCS would be awesome, I'm not trying to be greedy)
MTS( Yes....trumpet snails. I have sand and I love the tracks they make)
CPO (My wish item because they are so cool, but I know they are rare)

I'm not looking for much, just anything that could help me grow out a safe place for my fish to breed. My main goal is to get this chiller to someone in need and help keep some corals alive over the summer.

Thanks for understanding
-Matt
uc

@Dyngoe ack! I just tore down my main FW planted, had everything you might have been looking for to trade have been rehomed...including amano shrimps, a bunch of RCS, and blue ones too. . All i have left are a handful of anubias nanas (my fave), and maybe some styrogen repens... all low light, low tech plants.

I still have a 3G with this and a horned nerite that is literally sun powered and have been debating on converting it to a SW nano. Probably not enough to make it a worthwhile trade. Sigh...can always use extra chillers...

Lemme know if you decide to sell instead. With the number of tanks I have, can never have enough chillers. Lol...

Back