High Tide Aquatics

2040 aluminum here in bay area

newfly

Supporting Member
I’m looking to change my light mounting to add flexibility to add a third light. Anyone knows where I can source 2040 aluminum locally ideally in the South Bay? If not I can buy online but shipping will be likely cost more than the parts. Looking for approximately 52” 2040 aluminum to span across 48” tank

I don’t know if they still sell it but there was a place in Hayward called alco ? They sold remnants by the pound. I haven’t done sheet metal fabing for years so you’ll probably have to call them. This was pre Covid.

There's been a couple threads in the last year or so about this. I'm also curious but never found someone confirmed local who sold. I'm about a year behind on properly creating a mount for my lights...

Following along

Found tnutz.com to have very resolved price. $25 for the length I need and another $25 for shipping.

If I can’t source locally, I’ll just bite the bullet and order on line. @richiev if you like to order anything I’m happy to include that as long as shipping don’t go up substantially and even free delivery to you house!

Found tnutz.com to have very resolved price. $25 for the length I need and another $25 for shipping.

If I can’t source locally, I’ll just bite the bullet and order on line. @richiev if you like to order anything I’m happy to include that as long as shipping don’t go up substantially and even free delivery to you house!
Did you end up ordering? Curious how it went if so.

I bought my extruded parts for my light rack on tnutz. Shipping was near $100 probably because I had a couple 80" length pieces in the order. Overall fast shipping, good and accurate cut on the parts, quality product from what I can tell since I have no prior extruded aluminum experience.

pxl_20230427_221416430-jpg.47099
pxl_20230504_055111409-jpg.47184

Back