got ethical husbandry?

225 upgrade IS HERE

sfsuphysics said:
Looks really slick man!
Thanks Mike. Definitely happy with the stand.

JAR said:
awesome cabinet!
Thanks Jon. It took Greg a bit of effort to find the aluminum for the job. He said he had not done anything like this prior.

finalphaze987 said:
Tanks looking sweet Ian.....Makes me wish i kept my larger system..
You can always go bigger in the future. Did you see that AGE tank post on RC GBARF forum? haha

eldiablosrt8 said:
Ian looks sweet, now when do i get to come by and see it in person
Jesse, you can stop by whenever I here. Give me a call.

Looks great Ian! I really like the skin on the stand. Sorry if you covered this already, but is there any particular reason you went with sand this time?

screebo said:
Just look at all that real estate! I'm a tiny bit jealous! ;) Can't wait to see it in person "one of these days".
Thanks John. If you are going to be in the area (Berkeley), feel free to give me a call.

sendo said:
Looks great Ian! I really like the skin on the stand. Sorry if you covered this already, but is there any particular reason you went with sand this time?
I just wanted the look of sand this time. No other reason. For me bare bottom is much easier maintenance wise, however I was willing to sacrifice that for the way it looks.

gimmito said:
Very clean look Ian.
+1 on the sand...looks more natural.

99% of all reef photos I have ever seen have zero sand in them. This is also what all divers I have spoken with say as well.

99% of all people think of Sherlock Holmes having a pipe and a hat... (ok I made that number up) peoples perception of reality doesn't always follow with the reality of reality.

GreshamH said:
gimmito said:
Very clean look Ian.
+1 on the sand...looks more natural.

99% of all reef photos I have ever seen have zero sand in them. This is also what all divers I have spoken with say as well.

Well, yes. But how many of those photos had a big flat shiny reflective pane of glass for the bottom?
:p

Seriously though, it depends a lot on diving versus snorkeling, and where you go.
A LOT of people, including me with a small kid, mostly snorkel in the more protected lagoon areas, or inlets/etc.
As such, it is often white sand with various coral outcroppings.

Either sand or live rock on the bottom would be "natural" substrate in my mind.

sfsuphysics said:
99% of all people think of Sherlock Holmes having a pipe and a hat... (ok I made that number up) peoples perception of reality doesn't always follow with the reality of reality.

I'll take it further. 99% of all people haven't seen the ocean floor.... Presently, I got sand storm and I think it is au natural, lol.
Anywa, beautiful collection in a great looking tank, just wish I can put my fish in your tank.

Some updated shots
Emerald mummy eye
shots15of16November232010-2.jpg

AC war coral
shots10of16November232010-2.jpg

TEC watermelon
shots9of16November232010-2.jpg

shots8of16November232010-2.jpg

shots7of16November232010-2.jpg

shots14of16November232010-2.jpg

shots12of16November232010-2.jpg

shots6of16November232010-2.jpg