Reef nutrition

25 psi… what are my options?

Thanks. Watched a couple videos, and looks pretty straight forward. It’s less about the installation at this point and more a factor of my RO/DI not being fixed in one spot. I store it under the sink, then pull it out to connect the shower, make water then put it away. Having to juggle a second apparatus just doesn’t sound appealing but looks like it might be the only option if I want to make my own water lol
Had the exact same issue. I forgot to mention that he also installed it so it would draw the water from the toilet fresh water (!) and I only need to open a valve to start this. This was a game-changer for me.

Thanks. Watched a couple videos, and looks pretty straight forward. It’s less about the installation at this point and more a factor of my RO/DI not being fixed in one spot. I store it under the sink, then pull it out to connect the shower, make water then put it away. Having to juggle a second apparatus just doesn’t sound appealing but looks like it might be the only option if I want to make my own water lol
Do you have the ability to put it under your sink in a cabinet? Adding a tee to plumb it in should be relatively straightforward.

Could definitely go under the sink but I’m renting, so reluctant to fk around with the plumbing. Would likely have to do something like that if I get the RO Buddy
I'm not a plumber, IMO this seems like a pretty trivial change. Presumably you'd turn the water valve off, remove the hose, add a valved T, reattach hoses, and you'd be good to go. As far as things that a reefer can do that will ruin their apartment go, that's probably low on the list of danger. You'd still need to run the drain line somewhere, but worst case you can run that up and into the sink when you use it.

Just don't buy one of those saddle valves. I'm guessing a real plumber (@Srt4eric) would kick you next time he sees you if you did.

The complexity is my concern … anyone have experience with one of these? RO/DI Buddy

Is it worth the hassle for top offs on a 10 gallon w/ infrequent water changes, or do I just go back to lugging home 5 gallons on water at a time from an LFS…
I have the RODI Buddy. Super convenient since it allows me to pump RODI from under my sink to my water barrels 30+ ft away and does a few minutes of auto flush to clear out the membranes when I turn it on once a week. The auto flush prolongs the life of the DI stages. Easy to do it manually but the less steps the better.

Could definitely go under the sink but I’m renting, so reluctant to fk around with the plumbing. Would likely have to do something like that if I get the RO Buddy
Not much modification to the sink plumbing is required. See the photo attached. The fitting is $11.98 on Amazon: https://a.co/d/0fg2I7p

Attachments

• IMG_4033.jpeg
    IMG_4033.jpeg
    71.2 KB · Views: 28
After a bunch of delays, finally got the RO Booster Buddie today. I hooked up and running it now. Setup was pretty straightforward. The thing looks super clean. I had to pull the extra membrane off my unit so it went from 150 GPD back to 75 GPD but apparently should bring my waste to clean water ratio pretty close to 1.5:1. Has brought my psi up from around 20 to about 80… pretty impressive so far, with 0 ppm out the unit

Attachments

• IMG_6638.jpeg
    IMG_6638.jpeg
    137.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_6639.jpeg
    IMG_6639.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 20
After a bunch of delays, finally got the RO Booster Buddie today. I hooked up and running it now. Setup was pretty straightforward. The thing looks super clean. I had to pull the extra membrane off my unit so it went from 150 GPD back to 75 GPD but apparently should bring my waste to clean water ratio pretty close to 1.5:1. Has brought my psi up from around 20 to about 80… pretty impressive so far, with 0 ppm out the unit
I run a double membrane setup on my RO Buddie. Works like a charm. You run the waste line from the first RO membrane into the input of the second RO membrane and the waste line from the second RO membrane into the waste input for the RO Buddie. The clean water output from the two membranes are connected together via a T then sent to the DI membrane stages. The above is based on memory since I am on the road but can check when I get back later this week.

I run a double membrane setup on my RO Buddie. Works like a charm. You run the waste line from the first RO membrane into the input of the second RO membrane and the waste line from the second RO membrane into the waste input for the RO Buddie. The clean water output from the two membranes are connected together via a T then sent to the DI membrane stages. The above is based on memory since I am on the road but can check when I get back later this week.
Interesting! I had specifically undone the dual membranes since I was under the impression that I couldn’t run dual membrane with the RO Buddie. Maybe I’ll have to hook the second membrane back up.

What is the GPD running through both your membrane and do you have the 50-100 GPD RO Buddie? I would have 2 75GPD membranes but only have the 50-100 GPD RO Buddie. Would that be problematic?

Interesting! I had specifically undone the dual membranes since I was under the impression that I couldn’t run dual membrane with the RO Buddie. Maybe I’ll have to hook the second membrane back up.

What is the GPD running through both your membrane and do you have the 50-100 GPD RO Buddie? I would have 2 75GPD membranes but only have the 50-100 GPD RO Buddie. Would that be problematic?
Yes, I have the 50-100 GPD RO Buddie and also have two 75GPD membranes. The setup seems to be running well for me. I used to run only one membrane but switched to dual membrane since I wanted to generate less wastewater. I have gone through periods where I am very into gardening, microgreens, lawn care, growing fruit trees so need to conserve water where I can otherwise my bill explodes during the summer months! I spent 3 hours this past weekend tweaking all the sprinklers and drip irrigation emitters in my landscape to ensure I get optimal water usage on my 9 zone irrigation setup!

@Slingfox thank you for the suggestion! Hooked the dual membrane back up and into the booster. This setup is fantastic! Really wish I would have grabbed one of these boosters sooner.

Attachments

• IMG_6664.jpeg
    IMG_6664.jpeg
    101.9 KB · Views: 17
Back