Jestersix

300G Storage Tank?

kinetic

Supporting Member
I am planning on taking @Kensington Reefer's advice and going with NSW for my next tank, and it sounds like I'll need to get 300G delivered at a time. I should be able to carve out space in the garage. I want something that will be 7' tall or so (not flush with the ceiling) and as low profile as possible (taller than wider basically). A straight corner tank rather than a round one will probably maximize the space.

I've been looking on tractor supply etc., but not really sure what to use. Anyone have any suggestions or should I just find something that's good dimensions and is food safe?

I haven't personally used this vendor, but I have heard from a couple people that he can source almost any size and has good pricing

300g is a lot of NSW. Are you still setting up your Elos 120XL? Do you also plan on having a container for your RODI water?

I think the minimum delivery is 300G at a time, so I'll need a 300G reservoir. It will probably last me a long time, though I'm hoping it won't go "bad" over time, but NSW should be pretty stable. I may run a circulating pump on it just because.

Yes, setting up the ELOS at some point. My house still needs to go through the remodel, we're just stuck on permitting. So I'm still looking at a year before this will happen, unfortunately.

My idea for the reservoir is to add a pump and drag a hose from the garage all the way into the house to where the tank is to fill it up as the last step of the water changes. I don't think it's going to be very economical to heat the 300G water up, so hoping the tank will just deal with it. I'm going to do 25g water changes which is going to be something like 15-18% (after sump volume, rock/sand volume, etc).

300G will last about 12 water changes with 25g water changes. If I do two water changes a month, this will last me 6 months. I don't suspect I'll be doing weekly water changes. I always say I will, but honestly, it's going to be every other week. Making it easy with NSW might allow me to up the frequency though.

I don't know if I'll keep a RODI water reservoir. I have one now, a 75G. But with the NSW, and a 10G reservoir for top-off already, I don't really know if I'll need it ever.

This dude in San Jose usually has pretty good deals.

Screenshot_20231101_175022_Google.jpg

Tanks with square corners vs round need to be much thicker and stronger. So cost may be a lot higher if they even make them at that size.

Back