Neptune Aquatics

411 on new lighting....

Angry Andy

Supporting Member
My 180 tank is currently using 3 Kessil 360We lights....last week I had a power supply crap out on me and it was the middle light of three in a row, so I was left only with one light operating until I noticed the issue because my apex control killed everything downline of the dead light.

Lucky for me ut was only a power supply issue and I had a replacement power supply and I got it all back up and running same day..

Now I'm thinking maybe it is about time to upgrade my lighting...since these lights have been working hard for 7 years or so.

I need a pendent type fixture like the kessil.....so I am considering if I go with the Kessil 360x or another route like AI prime?

Another question is ....if I went with kessil....does my LFS get a price break if I buy locally???

In other words, if I buy new kessil 360x from Bulk reef supply...or If I buy new kessil 360x from Diablo corals does the seller make money or is it all the same price point?

I would rather purchase thru a local fish store.

Another question is 360x lights don't work with APEX...so maybe I should consider the AI prime.....

I'm on the fence and would love to hear input from anybody.

I have Kessil A360X lights and I like them. Your price should be the same whether you buy them from an LFS or BRS, Kessil is one the brands that is strict about their retail pricing. I have no idea which retailer makes more money selling a light but of course they make something or why bother selling them.

What type of corals are in your tank? There will be a huge max PAR difference between the AI Primes vs Kessil 360X. I love the AI Primes for my nano tanks, but I don’t think they will be strong enough for a 180g.

For the 360X you can buy the optional wifi dongle and control them with the Kessil app.

It’s been rumored for some time now that kessil lights will be controllable via the apex. @Vhuang168 hows that coming?

Also, have you looked at the 500x? I don’t know if you need that much par, but worth a look.

It’s been rumored for some time now that kessil lights will be controllable via the apex. @Vhuang168 hows that coming?

Also, have you looked at the 500x? I don’t know if you need that much par, but worth a look.
Not rumors anymore. It’s a fully released feature for couple months already.

Back